After clean install Windows 10 or upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 you may be thinking Adding Desktop Icons. Especially looking to add my computer (This PC) icon on the Desktop (an essential icon to access the local drives, Quick Access, USB disks, CD/DVD drives, and other files.) On Windows 10 by default does not show all icons on Desktop. However, it is quite easy to add My Computer (This PC), Recycle Bin, Control Panel and User Folder icons to the desktop in Windows 10. Also, get rid of the situation where windows 10 desktop icons not showing.
Previously on Windows 7 and 8.1, it’s very easy to Add my computer (This PC) icon on Desktop. Simply Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click on “Change Desktop Icons” on the left-hand side of the screen. In the Desktop Icons panel you can choose which of the built-in icons to show on the desktop:
But for Windows 10 Devices If you want to add This PC, Recycle Bin, Control Panel, or your User folder icon to the desktop there’s an extra step you’ll need to follow.
First of all check, Your desktop icons may be hidden. To view them, right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, select View and select Show desktop icons.
Now To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more:
- First, right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize.
- Or Select Start > Settings > Personalization.
- On the Personalization screen, click on Themes from the left sidebar menu
- then click on Desktop icon settings under Related settings as shown image below.
- Here Under Desktop Icons, check the boxes next to the icons you would like to have appear on your desktop.
>Select Apply and OK.
- Note: If you are in tablet mode, you may not be able to see your desktop icons properly. You can find the program by searching for the program name in File Explorer. To turn off tablet mode, select the action center on the taskbar (next to date and time), and then select Tablet mode to turn it on or off.