Solved: The application was unable to start correctly Windows 10
Sometimes While trying to open an application on Windows, you may get an error message that says “The application was unable to start correctly” accompanied by an error code (0xc000007b). This error usually happens after an upgrade from an earlier version of Windows 10 or something goes wrong with certain files or programs. And the most common cause of this issue is the incompatibility between the 32-bit applications and the 64-bit with your system. For example, when a 32-bit application tries to execute itself on a 64-bit system.
The application was unable to start correctly
Below we have listed some effective solutions to fix “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) or 0x80070057, 0x80004005, 0x80070005 and 0x80070002.
Reinstall the application you are trying to run
Sometimes the application you want to run may contain something that has corrupted. If the error code is caused by an application error, you can fix it by reinstalling the application which you are trying to run.
First, you need to uninstall it and remove anything related to the software from the computer. Then restart the computer before starting reinstallation, Check this helps
Update your Windows
Updating your operating system can fix the bugs that cause trouble. In addition, some features and programs built-in in Windows, such as DirectX and .NET Framework, can also be updated during the process. It is recommended that you update your operating system and see if this can help you fix your 0xc000007b error.
To Check and install the latest windows updates
- Press Windows + X select settings,
- Click Update & security than windows update,
- Now click the Check for updates button.
- Restart windows and check the problem is fixed.
Perform a clean boot of Windows 10
A clean boot can help you find out whether this error is caused by a third-party application, for it is able to eliminate software conflicts.
- Type ‘msconfig’ into the Search Windows box and select system configuration.
- Click the Services tab then check the ‘Hide all Microsoft service’s checkbox and then Disable all.
- Navigate to the Startup tab, select ‘Open Task Manager and disable all services with Status Enabled.
- Close Task Manager, restart the computer.
Now run the application, If it’s working properly then any third-party service causing the error.
Check Compatibility Issue between System and Application
Sometimes the application running on your computer is not totally compatible with the system. For instance, some software requires high system configuration, but the system on your PC can’t meet the requirement. You need to set the compatibility settings between system and application, because the incompatibility between system and software may lead to an error
- Right-click the application that can’t start correctly and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Compatibility” tab on the Properties window and click the button “Run compatibility troubleshooter”.
- Select “Try recommended settings”, and you can either test the application or just click next.
- If the previous step doesn’t work, you can select compatibility mode manually from the drop-down menu.
- Select an earlier version of Windows and click the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
Reinstall .NET framework
Windows 10 uses .NET Framework 4.5 but didn’t include version 3.5 to make it compatible with older apps. This can be the root of the ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)’ error.
- Click the “Start” button to select Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Click the “Turn Windows features on or off” item on the left panel.
- The “Windows Features” window pops up.
- Find and click .NET Framework 3.5 and press OK.
- Then it will start downloading and installation.
- Restart the computer and check whether this error is fixed.
Still the problem not resolved?
- Navigate to the Microsoft C++ Redistributable site.
- Download the latest file, plus the 2010 files that include msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcr100_clr0400.dll, and xinput1_3.dll. There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these files so make sure you have the right ones.
- Follow the installation wizard as directed.
- Reboot and retry.
Run check disk
The error can also result from hardware issues, especially from your hard drive. You should run check disk using Command Prompt and see if there is any problem on your disk.
- Click on the Start menu search type “cmd“.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the result and select Run as administrator.
- Type “chkdsk c: /f /r“, and press enter key. Follow the instruction to complete the process.
- After that check and see if the problem is solved.
Now it’s your turn, these solutions help to fix the problem? Let us know on comments below, Also read:
- Fix Windows 10 Can’t Connect to This Network (WiFi)
- 5 working solutions to fix Err_connection_reset error on Chrome
- Solved: iTunes Unknown Error 0xE When Connect to iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Microsoft Edge Cannot reach this page ‘inet_e_resource_not_found’ Error
- Increase Virtual Memory To Optimize Windows 10 Performance