Here is the 5 Best Password Managers for Windows 10 in 2020
A password manager creates a unique strong password for every account and application, also store your passwords in an encrypted form. Here we have collected the Best Password Managers for you.
With the intervention of technologies like cloud computing, it is essential to use password managers to secure your online presence. Moreover, if you are one of those users who set the same password for their all email, social media and other accounts, then you are at high risk as with one phishing attack you will be completely exposed. But, it is very hard to set complex passwords and remember them separately.
Well, if you don’t remember passwords easily, then you can protect your online data by using password managers on your computer. This manager will store your login details on your hard drive in encrypted form and enable you to securely access the internet on your device without any security threats. However, if you haven’t used any password manager yet, then from the below listed best password managers for Windows, you can install any type of password manager app on your desktop.
Pro Tip: A password contains at least 12 characters long and contains a random combination of numbers, upper cases, and symbols also.
What is a Password Manager?
A password manager is a software application that not only helps you create better passwords, (which makes your online existence less vulnerable to password-based attacks) but also store the passwords in an encrypted format And provide secure access to all the password information with the help of a master password.
Now question on your mind why not use a browser password manager, nowadays most of the web browsers offer at least a rudimentary password manager? Well yes, Chrome or Firefox asks if you’d like to save a password and click on yes the password stored there. but browser-based password managers are limited. A dedicated password manager will store your passwords in an encrypted form, help you generate secure random passwords, offer a more powerful interface, and allow you to easily access your passwords across all the different computers, smartphones, and tablets you use
The Basic Features of the Best Password Managers
When searching through the different password managers for Windows 10, you’ll want at least these basic features:
- A Master Password: The master password is your keyphrase for logging into the password manager. You’ll enter it every time, and you’ll want to make sure the manager supports this so you can always securely log in.
- Autofill: Autofill is a great feature that does it exactly what it sounds like – it automatically fills out any username and password forms you come across. This saves you a ton of time in the long run.
- Auto Password Capture: Not only do you want the manager to fill out forms for you, but you want it to automatically capture new forms of entry on top of this. That way you won’t forget to store any new passwords.
Advantages of using a password manager
- The password managers allow you to create, record and reuse passwords among different websites.
- The password manager made Easy to create and use long, random, complex passwords
- The password manager can auto-fill in passwords and it’s easy to call up the password manager to fill in the password on an ad-hoc basis. That means no need to say your web browser to save passwords that may feel a little insecure.
- Securely stores password recovery questions
- Not only password you can also securely store credit cards, membership cards, notes and other important information to the password manager
- Works across multiple devices, If I updated a password, within a few seconds that update was already saved and stored on the other devices.
Disadvantages of Using a password manager
- You have to install the password manager on all devices you will be using
- Most of the password managers are limited to web sites only
- If you lose your master password you lose everything.
What is the best password manager?
So far we understand what is a password manager, its uses, and the advantages and disadvantages of using a password manager. Now you have a question on your mind which password manager is best? There are a number of free and paid password managers available on market here we collected 5 Best Password Managers for Windows 10.
LastPass – Password Manager & Vault App, Enterprise SSO & MFA
This password manager is available in both a free and premium version. Both versions can generate and store any number of different logins in the secured vault which will safeguard your master password with the help of multiple-factor authentication. The hardware authentication is software is provided by YubiKey for all the leading operating systems including Windows.
With the free version, you will get secure space to store text messages, sync login details across web browsers and the facility to access your secure vault from anywhere using the LastPass.com. It will automatically deny access for phishing websites and if anytime you want to switch password manager, then you can easily transfer all your data from your secure vault. However, with the premium version, you might get extra features like secure cloud storage for files, advanced multi-factor authentication, and the facility to a setup contingency plan in case of an emergency.
Keeper Security – Best Password Manager & Secure Vault
When you have the main agenda to protect your passwords from the prying eyes, then you need to set high-end security offered by Keeper Security. It is one of the oldest password managers for Windows users. Keeper claims to be using the proprietary zero-knowledge security architecture with AES 256 bit encryption which makes it one of the most certified products. In short, it is a highly secured password manager present out there.
The services offered by Keeper are integrated from password manager basic features to dark web scan and private messaging system. The main target audience of the Keeper might be big companies and organizations, but it has indeed crafted some nice security plans for the students and families. It generates a user-friendly experience for both the desktop and mobile users because of the high level of security which doesn’t allow the use of pin code to enter. This feature can be taken as good and bad both.
KeePass Password Safe
KeePass Password Safe won’t be the most aesthetically appealing password manager, but it offers some mean quality of security, multiple account support, and downloadable plugins to add extra features. It is a secure password creator that can generate suitable passwords for those annoying websites with very specific requirements and will also tell you when you produce weak passwords.
It is a portable password solution that will allow you to run it from a USB drive without downloading it on your computer. This manager can be input from and output to various file formats so there are plenty of customizing options available to try. Being an open-source password safe means that anyone can test the strength of their passwords. This way you can easily fix the strength of your password to avoid any further problem.
The full package of Iolo ByePass password manager is highly powerful with the two-factor authentication, syncing across devices and platforms, encrypted storage, facility to clear browser history, remote ability to close and open tabs and much more. The free version of the tool is pretty basic and can be downloaded without an activation key. The features included in the free version are regular that can handle your login details and will be compatible with all the lead web browsers like Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.,
It can generate unique login details, secure your account, eliminates all the risks related to passwords and can offer plenty of other features. However, with a free account, you can only secure five accounts only. You can try the trial for the featured pack before purchasing the full premium version and can make your decision correctly.
It is an unusual password manager for unusual users. It is available in the form of a mobile app and desktop browser extension which will allow you to sync all your login details securely between your different desktop and mobile devices using your Firefox account. Currently, Lockwise doesn’t work with the Master Password feature yet which is already builtin into Firefox, but the company has assured that both features will be combined in the future.
Like other password managers, it can store, sync, generate and autocomplete passwords for you. This tool is only useful if you are using Firefox as the main web browser on your Windows computer.
Well, it is very essential to protect your passwords and for this, you can download any of the best password managers for Windows which are discussed in the list. You need to always set strong and different passwords if you want to protect your online presence.
- Did Windows 10 Computer Restarts Unexpectedly? Apply these solutions
- What is VPN, And how it works (Beginner’s Guide September 2020)
- How to Create a Password Reset Disk on Windows 10
- Windows 10 start menu not opening after May 2020 update? here how to fix it
- Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades