Solved: Bluetooth icon missing after windows 10 update
Experiencing issues connecting Bluetooth devices on Windows 10? After Install latest windows updates or upgrade to Windows 10 1809 Bluetooth disabled and can’t turn on/off from Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and turn on or turn off the toggle under Bluetooth. Here a number of users report this issue on Microsoft forum as
I can’t turn Bluetooth on. On the Settings/Devices/Bluetooth & other devices page, no Bluetooth option appears. The linked devices appear in grey and say “Bluetooth is turned off”. There is no longer a Bluetooth icon in the Hidden Icons popup (that’s where it used to be), and Bluetooth isn’t offered in the Action Center.
For someone users the problem different like
There is No option to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 Bluetooth won't turn on Windows 10 Bluetooth toggle missing after Windows 10 Upgrade No Bluetooth toggle in Windows 10 No Bluetooth switch Windows 10 Can't turn on Bluetooth Windows 8 Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10
Fix can’t turn On/Off Bluetooth on Windows 10
Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Select the Start button, then select Settings
- Click Update & security > Troubleshoot.
- Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.
- Restart Windows after complete the troubleshooting process. Check this fixed the issue.
Check Bluetooth support Service Running
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok.
- Here services window, scroll down and look for Bluetooth support service
- If its running, right click and select restart
- If it’s not started, Double click on it to open its properties.
- Change the startup type “Automatic” and start the service
- Click ok to make save changes, Check this helps to Fix Bluetooth won’t turn ON in Windows 10.
Enable Bluetooth from Device Manager
Note: Make sure Airplane Mode is not enabled on your device.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok to open Device manager.
- Click on View and select Show hidden devices.
- This will display the Bluetooth icon, Right click on it and select Scan for hardware changes.
- Check this helps, If not follow next solution.
Update Bluetooth Drivers
Normally Bluetooth needs the supporting hardware and software (Driver) to function properly. If due to any reason Bluetooth driver get corrupted, outdated or not compatible with current windows version this may cause “Bluetooth icon missing”
Visit Device manufacturer website (If you have Laptop then visit laptop manufacturer website for latest available blue tooth driver) look for latest available driver version download and save it to your local drive.
- Then open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)
- Check if there is Bluetooth listed there
- If yes, expend the same and double click on installed driver software.
- Move to driver tab and perform
A. Rollback the Driver If there is rollback option, click it. This will revert the installed driver to the previous version.
B. Uninstall the Driver and Reboot the computer > The driver will be installed automatically when you restart
C. Manually install the driver: If both options didn’t work, simply Run the install the latest Bluetooth driver, previously you have downloaded from the Device manufacturers website. Restart Windows and check everything working fine.
Bluetooth not working registry fix
Try this registry tweak If non of above solutions didnt resolve the issue.
- Press windows + R, type regedit and ok to open windows registry editior.
- First backup registry database, then nevigate to following path.
- HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
- Double click on Current version and change the same from 6.3 to 6.2
- click ok to save changes, close registry editor and restart windows
- Check Bluetooth problem resolved.
Disable Fast startup (Windows 10)
One of user report turn off windows 10 fast-startup and then turn off your computer then on again help to get back the hidden Bluetooth icon. To disable Fast startup option
- WinKey -> type to search “Power & sleep settings“
- “additional power settings”
- “choose what the power buttons do”
- “change settings that are currently unavailable”
- untick “Turn on fast startup”
- Save changes
- turn off the computer then turn it on
- Check this trick do the magic.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth problems? Let us know on comments below, also read WiFi connected but no internet Access Windows 10 (5 Working fixes).