Having a problem connecting Bluetooth device, laptop Bluetooth not finding devices after windows 10 21H1 upgrade? This is mostly caused because of the problem with the installed Bluetooth driver, it’s corrupted or not compatible with the latest Windows 10 21H1. Again sometimes incorrect configuration, Security software blocking third-party application confliction also cause Bluetooth not detecting devices. Whatever the reason, here we have collected 5 effective solutions to fix Bluetooth not working, not detecting devices or laptops can’t find Bluetooth devices on windows 10.
Windows 10 Bluetooth not working
The Bluetooth connectivity problem can be related to a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard or even headphones that are already paired but not able to connect, in case you upgrade recently from Windows 21H1. In such situations, First, check and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open Settings using Shortcut key Windows + I
- Click on Devices and select Bluetooth & Devices.
- Here check and toggle on the button under Bluetooth.
- Now click on Add Bluetooth or other Device
- Select option Bluetooth and follow on-screen instructions to pair and connect the device.
Make sure your device is turned on, is charged or has fresh batteries, and is in range of the PC you want to connect to.
Then try the following:
- Turn off your Bluetooth device, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on.
- Make sure your Bluetooth device is in range. If your Bluetooth device is unresponsive or sluggish, check to make sure it’s not too close to any other USB device that’s plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Unshielded USB devices can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth connections.
In some cases, other Bluetooth devices can interfere with the pairing process. So, it is advisable for you to disconnect all the other devices, then pair only the ones you need. This may not be the best workaround for this problem, but sometimes this is helpful.
Check Bluetooth Service Is Running
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok.
- Scroll down and look for “Bluetooth Support Service”
- If its running state, simply Right-click on it and select Restart
- If it’s not started, Double click to get its properties.
- Here change the startup type to “Automatic”
- And Start the service next to Service status.
- Check this time Windows able to find and connect to Bluetooth device successfully.
Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Open Settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- Click on Update & Security then click Troubleshoot
- Here on right side look and select the Bluetooth option
- And click Run the troubleshooter, This will check and fix the problems prevent the Bluetooth devices connect properly.
- Restart windows After complete the troubleshooting process and check Bluetooth Devices working properly.
Check you have Installed the latest Driver for Bluetooth Device
Again An outdated or incompatible driver can cause Bluetooth problems. Especially If the problem started after Windows 10 21H1 upgrade or install the latest Windows 10 Updates, it’s possible the current driver was designed for the previous version of windows. Update or install the latest Driver software for Bluetooth devices this will do the magic for you.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok to open Device Manager.
- This will display all installed device driver list,
- Expand Bluetooth then select the Bluetooth adapter name
- Double click to get its properties, Move to driver tab.
- Here you get options to Update driver, Rollback driver or Uninstall driver.
- Click on update driver, Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the steps, and let windows to download and install the latest driver software for you.
- After that restart Windows to take effect the changes.
- Now check Bluetooth device started working.
If you notice the problem started recent Bluetooth driver update that case you can use the Rollback driver option to go back to the previously installed driver version.
Note: If Windows can’t find a new Bluetooth driver, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest Bluetooth driver from there.
If you downloaded an executable (.exe) file, just double-click the file to run it and install the drivers. And restart windows to take effect the changes. now check Bluetooth device connected and working properly.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth connection problems? Let us know on comments below, Also Read: