Cumulative Update KB4469342 for Windows 10 1809 fixed mapped Network drive Disconnecting issue!
After a longer test phase with Windows insiders, Microsoft has finally released Cumulative update KB4469342 for everyone running Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows Update and the Microsoft Update Catalog. According to Microsoft support page, Installing cumulative update KB4469342, Bumps OS to Windows 10 build 17763.168 and resolve several known bugs that include mapped network drives to disconnect at startup, issue trying to set an app as default, problems with adjusting brightness, Bluetooth, black screen, Microsoft Edge and more.
What’s new Windows 10 build 17763.168?
- According to Microsoft the KB4469342 update finally addresses the bug preventing mapped drives reconnecting when users log on to a Windows PC.
- There is a fix available for display settings on multi-screen setups, black screen, sluggish Camera app performance, and a bug preventing users from setting some Win32 program defaults. Company explained:
- Addresses an issue that prevents some users from setting Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Fixed An issue that causes brightness slider preference to reset to 50% when the device restarts and Bluetooth audio device playback stopping after several minutes of playback now fixed.
- Addresses an issue with long delays in taking a photo when using the Camera app in certain lighting conditions.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge with using the drag-and-drop feature to upload folders from the Windows desktop to a file hosting service website, such as Microsoft OneDrive. In some scenarios, files contained in the folders fail to upload, with possibly no error reported on the web page to the user.
There are still some unresolved issues in this update, including a bug that breaks the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing certain files and Microsoft’s Edge browser may also crash on machines with a recent Nvidia driver update. Note: Nvidia has released an updated driver to address this issue. Please follow the instructions found in NVidia’s support article.
Download cumulative update KB4469342
KB4469342 is the fourth cumulative update for the Windows 10 version 1809 That automatically download and install via Windows update. Also, users force from Settings -> Update & Security -> check for update to manually install the cumulative update KB4469342.
Also the KB4469342 (OS build 17763.168) offline package available for download on Microsoft catalog blog, you can get it from the link below.
Note: If you have still running Windows 10 April 20108 Update Check How to upgraded to Windows 10 1809 now.
Face any difficulty installing KB4469342 (OS build 17763.168), Such as 2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based System (KB4469342) stuck downloading, failed to install with different errors check our Ultimate windows update troubleshooting guide.