Not Ready for Windows 10 version 20H2? Here how to Delay the feature update
If you are looking for delay windows 10 version 20H2 download or you simply prefer to wait to make sure that the update is stable enough, read on, as we show you how to delay Windows 10 October 2020 Update easily and wait for it to get more stable.
Why don’t you want the windows 10 October 2020 Update?
Major updates to Windows 10 bring new features, bug fixes and several improvements to the operating system. However, sometimes they may also cause stability problems for a few systems. That’s you can Delay or Defer upgrade for flew days, Take a review about the new update causing any issue, bug or not And when it gets stable you can upgrade to the latest October 2020 update.
Postpone feature update installation
If you’re using Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education you can use Defer update or pause update to avoid receiving it immediately. But if you are windows 10 Home basic user, Continue Reading we have some tweaks to Delay windows 10 update for both Windows 10 Home & Pro users.
Pause feature update download
Check your windows version if you are using windows 10 Home skip this step. Only windows 10 pro, enterprise, and education users apply this method to delay the windows 10 October 2020 update. But your system will still continue to receive all the necessary security patches. This will help patch any security vulnerability in the version you’re running.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Then click on “Update & Security” here you can quickly pause windows update for 7 days.
- If you are looking to pause more then 7 days, Click the Advanced options option.
- Under the “Pause Updates” section, use the drop-down menu to select how long (Maximum 35 days) you want to delay updates.
- After you complete these steps, Windows Update won’t download feature or quality updates for up to 35 days.
Set As Metered connection to Block Windows 10 update/upgrade
Note: While this method works on all editions of Windows 10, it blocks out all background network-related tasks such a Microsoft Store downloads or the Start Menu’s live updates. Although priority updates will still continue to be downloaded via the Windows Update, it will block the windows 10 20H2 update.
- Press Windows + I to open your computer’s settings
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- Here Under “Network status”, click on Change connection properties.
A new window will open, Scroll down and toggle on the Set as metered connection button.
And that’s it. Windows 10 will now assume that you have a limited data plan and will not download updates.
Disable windows update service to permanently delay
Also, you can Disable the windows update service to permanently delay windows 10 20H2 Update until you turn it on. This is not recommended but you can try if you really don’t want the latest Windows 10 upgrade.
- Press Windows +R, type services.msc and ok
- Next, scroll down and double click on windows update service.
- A new pop up will open here change the startup type Disable and Stop the service next to service status.
- Click apply and ok to make save changes, Now onward windows didn’t start the update service or never check for the latest available updates.
That’s all you have successfully pause, defer or Delay windows 10 October 2020 Update. You can change the settings at any time to get the latest windows updates immediately. Have any query, suggestion about this post feel free to discuss on comments below.