How To Prevent Apps From Running in the Background in Windows 10
Did you notice Windows 10 Not responding at startup? simply Try to Disable or Prevent Apps From Running in the Background in Windows 10. Which reduce the system resource usage and optimize the System performance. Also if you’re seeing high disk usage from the WSAPPX process, it’s probably related to apps running in the background. Disabling the apps you never use can help with these issues. Here this post we have details How To Prevent Apps From Running in the Background to save system resource usage.
By default, all of the Windows 10 Universal Apps are allowed to run in the background to fetch data and keep the app information updated. Those new Windows 10 apps have permission to run in the background so they can update their live tiles, fetch new data, and receive notifications. However, having many apps running in the background consumes network resources, PC resources and worst of all, drains your laptop’s battery. But you Can simply Disable these apps From Running in the Background to save valuable Network Data and System resources which optimize windows 10 performance.
Keep in Mind Before Disabling the Apps
- Before you disable all the background apps, you should keep a few things in mind that. Disabling the background apps doesn’t stop the actual apps from working. You can still launch and use them. This will only prevent these apps from downloading data, using CPU/RAM and consuming battery while you are not using them.
- Once an app is disabled, you will not receive any notifications from it or see up-to-date data it has to offer as notifications or tiles, such as news in the start menu tiles.
- This process will only disable Windows 10 Universal Apps that Windows has complete control over. You will not be able to disable third-party apps using this process. For example, you can prevent Microsoft Edge from running in the background, but you can’t stop Chrome from running in the background using this method.
Prevent Apps From Running in the Background
Follow steps below to Prevent Apps From Running in the Background in Windows 10.
- Open the Settings app using the Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Now Select Privacy, then Background apps on the left sidebar near the bottom.
- You’ll see a list of installed Modern apps, including pre-installed apps.
- To prevent one from running in the background, toggle its slider to Off.
- If you want to block all apps from running in the background at once,
- toggle the Let apps run in the background slider, This does it all in one click.
Another way of stopping UWP apps from running in the background, is simply, turning On the Battery Saver mode. To do this, click on the battery icon situated in the notification area, then click on the Battery Saver option to complete the task. This is great for when you’re away from a power supply and want to get the most out of your battery’s energy.
When you reduce the apps that can run in the background, you will definitely conserve power as well as make your PC run better. Share your experience Prevent Apps From Running in the Background optimize Windows 10 performance? Also, Read