Download Windows 10 KB4550945 for Version 1909 and 1903
A new set of non-security optional updates available for all supported versions of Windows 10 that address issues that could affect productivity for people working remotely under COVID-19 restrictions.
Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB4550945 for the company’s latest Windows 10 version 1909 and Windows 10 version 1903. The latest Windows 10 KB4550945 is an optional update that was published as part of the optional monthly “C” release bumps OS build number 18362.815 and 18363.815 respectively. Also there are a new update KB4550969 (OS Build 17763.1192) for version 1809, which is getting extended support due to the.
Download Windows 10 KB4550945
Windows 10 updates are set to download and install automatically but these optional updates not installed automatically unless you check for updates and manually trigger the install process. Well If you don’t want to install or won’t install manually all the fixes included in this patch (KB4550945) will be released to consumers with May Patch Tuesday update. If you want to download and install Windows 10 Build 18363.815, you need to check for updates following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings,
- Click Update & Security then windows update,
- Here you need to check for updates manually and then click on ‘Download and install now’ link under optional updates.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 10 Update offline download
If you’re running version 1909, use these links:
If you are looking for Windows 10 1909 ISO image click here.
Windows 10 KB4550945 changelog
The Latest update KB4550945 fixes multiple bugs in Windows 10 including issue causing Windows Update to stop responding and the lock screen to stop appearing.
- Fix an issue that prevents apps from opening.
- Resolved a bug that turns off notifications for devices with VPN or cellular network with prior warning.
- Address a bug preventing customers from resuming Xbox games on Windows
- The company deployed a fix for an issue that broke print feature for documents that is outside of the margins.
Full list of changes in KB4550945
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from opening after you upgrade from a previous version of Windows, and a Bad Image exception dialog box appears.
- Addresses in an issue that turns off notifications for devices that use a virtual private network (VPN) on a cellular network.
- Addresses an issue that prevents you from resuming a Microsoft Xbox game on a Windows device after upgrading from a previous version of Windows.
- Addresses an issue that causes a box that contains multiple lines of text to stop responding in certain scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the touch keyboard from appearing during sign in when the user is prompted for the password.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the touch keyboard from opening in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps when USB devices are connected.
- Addresses an issue that displays incorrect folder properties in File Explorer when the path is longer than MAX_PATH.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the correct lock screen from appearing when all of the following are true:
- The Group Policy Object (GPO) policy “Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive Logon: Do not require Ctrl+Alt+Del Computer” is disabled.
- The GPO policy “Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Turn off app notifications on the lock screen” is enabled.
- The registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\DisableLogonBackgroundImage is set to 1.
- Addresses an issue that generates unexpected notifications related to changing the default application settings.
- Addresses an issue that causes the sign in screen to be blurry.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows Update to stop responding when you check for updates.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Sign in options page from opening using the ms–settings:signinoptions-launchfingerprintenrollment Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).
- Addresses an issue with Bluetooth group policy settings on Microsoft Surface Pro X devices.
- Addresses an issue that causes a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) stop error when Windows resumes from Sleep and turns on certain Bluetooth headsets.
- Addresses a reliability issue in WDF01000.sys.
- Addresses an issue that causes an error in logman.exe. The error is, “A user account is required in order to commit the current Data collector Set properties.”
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from setting the REG_EXPAND_SZ keys in some automated scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that causes a memory leak in the LsaIso.exe process when the server is under a heavy authentication load and Credential Guard is enabled.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) initialization to fail with system event error 14 and prevents Windows from accessing the TPM.
- Addresses an issue that causes communication with the TPM to time out and fail.
- Addresses an issue that prevents hash signing using the Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for TPMs from working correctly. This issue might also affect networking software, such as VPN applications.
- Addresses an issue that prevents applications running in an Azure Active Directory environment from receiving account change notifications. This occurs when using the Web Account Manager (WAM) and the WebAccountMonitor API.
- Addresses an issue that causes systems to stop working with a 0x3B stop code when running a binary that is signed by a revoked certificate.
- Addresses an issue with merging Windows Defender Application Control policies that sometimes generates a duplicate rule ID error and causes the Merge-CIPolicy PowerShell command to fail.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a user’s PIN from being changed after connecting the device to Microsoft Workplace Join.
- Addresses an issue that fails to print content that is outside of the margins of a document.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) management tools, such as IIS Manager, from managing an ASP.NET application that has configured SameSite cookie settings in web.config.
- Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop working if you attempt to use paste functionality on webpages when cut-and-paste functionality has been disabled using a policy and Windows Defender Application Guard is active.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Clipboard service to unexpectedly stop working.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update, but according to user reports update KB4550945 is reportedly failing to install and is causing blue screens of death (BSOD) after installation reboots, among other issues.
Some other users report, facing WiFi connectivity problems after installing this update.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Bluetooth disappeared after the recent Windows 10 update? Try this solution to fix it
- Did Windows 10 Computer Restarts Unexpectedly? Apply these solutions
- Solved: Windows 10 slow startup and shutdown after Windows Update
- Here is the 5 Best Password Managers for Windows 10 in
- Google Chrome sound not working? Here how to fix the problem