Getting a blue screen with the error message “Driver Power State Failure” after windows 10 1809 upgrade? Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure bug check 0x0000009F usually occur computer or device driver going into sleep mode while you’re still using the device. Windows would send a wake signal to the device once it is needed and if the device doesn’t respond in time or at all, Windows flags a Driver Power State Failure error. The error mostly caused either by the driver itself or power settings.
If you are also struggling from this windows 10 BSOD, here 4 effective solutions to fix driver power state failure on windows 10.
Driver Power State Failure BSOD
If the problem started after plugged in some new hardware, try removing it from the PC, and then check if the problem persists. If the problem is resolved, you may want to update the driver of that hardware. In case you have more than one, make sure to check it one by one.
If due to this driver power state failure loop, windows 10 restarts frequently or fails to start normally we recommend Boot windows into safe mode, that start system with minimum system requirements and allows to perform troubleshooting steps below.
Turn off power saving
- Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound then select Power Options.
- Select ‘Change power plan settings’ next to the active power plan.
- Select ‘Change advanced power settings’ text link.
- Find Graphics Settings or PCI Express and Link State Power Management and set to Maximum performance, depending on what computer you have.
- Find Wireless Adapter Settings and set to Maximum performance.
- Reboot your computer and check there is no more driver power state failure BSOD.
update the display adapter drivers and check
- Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select Device manager.
- Expand Display adapters, right click on display adapter listed, click update driver software.
- select option automatically search for driver software and follow on screen instructions.
- Restart the computer and check the problem resolved.
Or visit device manufacturer website, Download latest available driver software and install on your PC. Reboot windows and check there is no more BSOD error occurs.
Disable fast startup windows 10
- Open control panel, then search for and select power options
- Click Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
- Click Save changes.
Check this may help to fix the driver power state failure loop.
Run DISM and SFC Utility
Sometimes, especially after Windows 10 1809 upgrade if system components get corrupted or missing your computer may function in an unusual behavior through different BSOD error at startup. To make sure that your files are in a healthy state, it is imperative to repair or restore them since they are part of Windows.
There’s a built-in utility DISM and System File Checker tool that helps users to perform scanning, repairing, and restoring of missing or corrupted files of a computer.
- Open Command prompt as administrator,
- Type DISM command below and press enter key to execute the same.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After 100% complete the scanning process Run command sfc /scannow and enter.
- Restart windows after 100% complete the scanning process,
- Check There is no more driver power state failure BSOD loop.
Restore System to earlier state
If none above solutions work for you, its time to utilize the system restore feature. That revert system to a previous working state without effect files and folders.
- Press Windows Key + R and type”sysdm.cpl” then hit enter.
- Select the System Protection tab and choose System Restore.
- Click Next and choose the desired System Restore point.
- Follow on-screen instruction to complete system restore.
Did these solutions, help to fix driver power state failure windows 10? Let us know on comments below, also read:
- Windows 10 Laptop Freezes and Crash Issues (October 2018 Update version 1809)
- Solved: Windows 10 System Service Exception BSOD error
- Print jobs stay in queue after printing windows 10 (clear the print queue)
- Remote desktop connection not working windows 10 1809
- Solved: Windows Cannot Connect to the Printer, Access is denied
- Solved: The application was unable to start correctly Windows 10