3 Different ways to enable administrator account on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
As you know, towards the end of the Windows 10 installation, Windows setup prompts you to create a user account. Although Windows gives the Administrator user status to this user account, and It has almost all administrative privileges. But by default Windows 10 automatically generates another super or elevated Administrator account during the installation. And the account is hidden by default due to security reasons. The Built-in windows 10 administrator account is usually used to troubleshoot Windows. If you are looking for Access this account. Here this post we discuss Different ways to enable administrator account windows 10.
How To enable administrator account windows 10
Here are some Different ways to enable administrator account windows 10. You can enable administrator account using Command prompt, using local Users and Groups also you can use windows local security policy ( Group Policy ). Let’s follow steps below to enable administrator account 10.
Note: These steps are also applicable for Windows 8.1 and 7 user accounts.
Enable admin account from cmd prompt
Enable Administrator Account using Command Prompt is a Very simple and easy task.
- To open command prompt type cmd on start menu search,
- From search results right click on command prompt select run as administrator.
- Copy this code net user administrator /active:yes and paste it in the command prompt.
- Then, press Enter to enable your built-in administrator account.
The newly enabled built-in Administrator account can now be accessed by clicking your user account name in the Start and then clicking the Administrator account. This hidden Administer will now also appear on the login screen of Windows 10.
To disable the built-in Administrator account Type Net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter key.
Using Local Users And Groups
- Press Windows + R, type compmgmt.msc and ok to Open Computer Management.
- Expand Local Users And Groups then select users.
- On Right side pane, you will find Administrator with Arrow mark. (That means The account is disabled.)
- Now Right click on Administrator click properties
- Under General Tab uncheck Account is disabled As shown Bellow picture.
- Now click Apply and OK to make save changes.
you can disable The account just tick again on Account is disabled.
Enable admin account from group policy
Note Group policy Not Available on Home And stater Editions.
- To Open the Local Group Policy Editor click on start menu and Type gpedit.msc.
- On local Group policy Editor left pane find Computer Configuration
- Windows Settings ->Security Settings ->Local Policies ->Security Options.
- Find and double-tap the policy called “Accounts: Administrator account status”.
- Now just Double click on it, A new popup will open.
- Here Select Enabled and click OK to enable it.
Choose Disabled and tap OK to have it disabled.
These are Best Ways to enable administrator account windows 10, 8.1 and 7 computers, Have any Query, suggestion Feel free to comment below. Also, read: