Solved: Err_Connection_Timed_Out Error problem in Google Chrome
Chrome fails to load web pages or getting net ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT? Here we have most possible working soltuions to fix the problem on windows 10
Getting this site can’t be reached error connection timed out while browsing web pages on chrome browser? ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT is a common and nagging error in Google Chrome. It means the server is taking too much time to reply. As a result, it fails to load well. Err_Connection_Timed_Out often happens with only one URL and sometimes with all websites. There are many reasons which may be causing this error connection timed out message while visiting a website, such as corrupted files, DNS cache corrupted or not responding, the connection might be blocked from hosts file itself, etc. Here 5 most applicable solutions to fix Err_Connection_Timed_Out problem in Google Chrome on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Fix Err_Connection_Timed_Out on chrome
As This error says there is a fatal communication failure between the web browser and internet server. Let’s perform the solutions below to get rid of this Connection timeout error.
- Open Google Chrome browser type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Select the Advanced tab, Change the time range to all-time now ticking on all the options and click on Clear Data as shown image below.
Again on chrome browser address bar type chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings?origin=userclick. Then click on the Reset button to reset the Google Chrome settings.
Now close Google Chrome completely.
- Press Windows + R type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ and then click on OK.
- It will open a new window, here Find the folder “Default”.
- You can delete it, But we recommend you to rename it as default.backup or something else. It will allow you to restore your chrome data when you need it.
This time, Launch chrome and try to visit the websites, You should no longer encounter ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT problem.
Change DNS Address (use google open DNS)
By default, You may be using your local ISP’s DNS address. So, You may try Google DNS or any other public DNS addresses to check if it fixes err_connection_timed_out.
To change DNS Address on your Windows 10 PC,
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and press enter key to open the network connections window.
- Here right-click on the active network (WIFI or Ethernet connection) and select properties.
- Then double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Radio button Ise the following DNS server addresses and set Preferred DNS server 220.127.116.11, Alternate DNS server 18.104.22.168
- Also, Checkmark on validate settings upon exit, Click apply and ok to make save changes.
Disable proxy settings
Using proxies might sometimes have the worst impact on accessing favorite sites. Let us show you how to enable automatically detect settings in Internet Options.
- Press Windows key + R, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter key.
- Then on internet options go to the Connections tab and click on LAN settings,
- Here make sure Automatically detect settings is check-marked and uncheck use a proxy server your LAN as shown image below.
Edit Local Host file (To unblock IP if any)
- Type Notepad on Start menu search, Select and right click on note from search results and click on Run as administrator.
- When notepad opens click on file -> open And navigate to C Drive -> Windows -> System32 -> drivers -> etc -> hosts.
- Make sure that no IP address is present after “# 127.0.0.1 localhost # ::1 localhost”. If present, delete them and save the file.
Agin If you see some web addresses along with the IP address 127.0.0.1, delete those lines. But, don’t remove the lines with the text localhost.
Reset TCP/IP stack and Flush DNS
Reset TCP/IP stack that releases the current IP address and request DHCP for new IP address which will most probably fix if there is an issue with IP or DNS addresses. Simply Open the command prompt as administrator And perform the Command below.
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
Now type exit to close the command prompt and restart windows. Now that you have released, renewed and flushed DNS, you must be able to access the website without err connection timed out error.
Update Network Drivers
The outdated network adapters driver may also cause some problems including ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. Therefore, it’s essential to update your Network adapters driver to make sure the network adapter not causing this err connection time out on Chrome.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and press ok to open device manager.
- Expand network adapter and right-click on installed network driver select update driver,
- Click search automatically for the updated device driver option and follow on-screen instructions to download and install the latest network driver from windows update.
Or you can head over to the device manufacturer website and download the latest available driver for your network adapter and save it to the local drive.
Then again open device manager -> expend network adapter -> right click and uninstall current installed network adapter driver.
Restart windows and install the latest driver which you previously downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
This will be fixed if the internet & network connection causing the err connection timed out on windows.
These are some most working solutions to fix error connection timed out on google chrome in windows 10, 8.1 and 7. And i am sure applying these solutions mostly fix err_connection_timed_out error. Have any query, suggestion about this post feel free to discuss in comments below.
- 3 Ways to Resolve IP address Conflict on windows 10
- Solved: DNS Server not responding Error on Windows 10
- Solved: Google Chrome High CPU usage on windows 10/8.1/7 !!! 2021
- How to fix Google chrome has stopped working windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to fix internet connection problems on windows 10 (9 solutions to fix)