Sometimes you may experience NVIDIA Driver Fails with NVIDIA Installer Failed Error while trying to install drivers for an NVIDIA GPU on Windows 10 PC. After a recent windows 10 2022 update version 22H2, A few users (especially gaming users) report they experienced NVIDIA installer failed Error or NVIDIA Installation cannot continue Error message. This issue usually occurs As the old graphics Driver became Incompatible with the Current windows version, or the Driver is corrupted and conflicts with the integrated GPU of the system. Here are some applicable solutions to fix this NVIDIA graphics driver installer failed problem.
The main issue of this error is the system won’t be able to use a dedicated NVIDIA graphic card until & unless you update its drivers. Hence your system could only rely on the integrated card which doesn’t have much processing power to run high-end games.
Fix the NVIDIA Installer Failed issue
If you are also getting NVIDIA Installer Failed issue After a Recent windows 10 update Apply the solutions listed below to get rid of this.
As discussed Incompatible corrupted Graphic driver is the main reason behind this problem. First We are going to update or re-install the NVIDIA graphic driver.
Update NVIDIA Driver
You can Update the NVIDIA Graphics driver manually from the device manager by following the steps below.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc, and hit the enter key.
- This will open the Windows Device manager which displays all installed driver lists.
- Now expend Display Driver, Then Right-click on the installed NVIDIA Graphic driver and select the Update Driver option.
- Next, select the option “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Now, Windows will search online for any updates that are available for the driver.
- If there are any available updates then it will automatically download and install them for you.
Automatically update NVIDIA Driver
Also, you Can Visit this Page to update the driver automatically. As soon as you go to this page, the website will start scanning automatically like shown in the below image. And After the scanning gets completed it will show you suggested drivers to update or install. Follow them accordingly.
After update NVIDIA Graphic Driver Simply Restart windows To get a fresh start and check there is no more NVIDIA Installer Failed issue on windows 10.
Re-Install NVIDIA Graphic Driver
If after Updating the NVIDIA Graphic driver to the latest version still getting NVIDIA Installer Failed issue Then you need to Re-install the NVIDIA Graphic driver by following the below steps to fix this issue.
- To do this press Win + X and select Device Manager.
- Now expand Display driver, right-click on installed NVIDIA Driver and select uninstall.
- Then checkmark on Delete the Driver Software for this device option and again click uninstall to completely remove the driver.
- Now Restart windows And follow the next steps to download and install the latest driver.
Now Download the latest version of the Nvidia installer by entering your requirements manually then you can install the latest version manually.
- Make sure that the downloaded driver version is compatible with your graphics driver.
After downloading the driver close all other programs, including any anti-virus programs (Disable them temporarily) as they may interfere with the installation process of the Nvidia driver.
- Now Run the downloaded Driver After launching the application,
- choose the destination location and hit OK.
- Next, Accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the Agree and Continue button.
- Now, under the installation options, choose the custom option and click next.
- After that you will get a list of components, so choose them according to your need.
- Check the option “Perform a Clean Installation”.
After the completion the installation process, click on the “Restart now” button. That’s all, now check whether the problem got resolved or not.
Kill NVIDIA Processes
Also, Some times Redundant files in the system also lead to Nvidia driver installation failed issues. Simply kill all its processes that are running in the background and remove all the redundant files by following the below steps and check the problem is fixed for you.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and then find any running NVIDIA process. Right-click on each of them one by one and select End Task.
NVIDIA Backend (32-bit)
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service
NVIDIA Network service (32 bit)
NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
Then Go to ‘C’ folder and remove the following files
And Delete any file under the above two folders and then reboot your PC to save changes.
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files(x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
Now, try re-installing the Nvidia driver by performing a clean install (don’t forget to install a custom install).
This time you would be able to complete the installation, so this should have Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed Error.
Run SFC and CHKDSK
Also, times corrupted system files cause NVIDIA driver installation Errors. Run the system file checker Tool By the following below to make sure any missing damaged system file not causing the issue.
First, open the Command prompt as administrator Then type the following in the cmd and hit enter:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
This will scan for missing corrupted system files If found any the SFC utility will restore them automatically from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. Wait for the above process to finish and once done restart your PC.
These are some most applicable solutions to Fix the NVIDIA Installer Failed issue, NVIDIA Installer Failed to install errors on Windows 10 computers. I hope to Apply the Above solutions to fix the problem for you. Still, need any help, face difficulty while apply the above steps feel free to discuss in the comments below. Also, read:
- Fix And Repair Windows 10 Startup Problems
- How To Fix Print Spooler Service Not Running
- Solved: “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Google Chrome
- Fix thread stuck in device driver Blue Screen Error 0x100000ea