After months of testing, Today (20 October 2020) Microsoft just made the latest Windows 10 October 2020 update version available to everyone.
, among other improvements. All comfortable devices Automatically receive the Windows 10 feature update version 20H2 notification. But Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 October 2020 Update is only available for users who would like to install it.
If you have an external USB device or SD memory card attached when installing Windows 10, version 20H2, you may get an error message stating “This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10.” This is caused by inappropriate drive reassignment during installation.
To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a hold on devices with an external USB device or SD memory card attached from being offered Windows 10, version 20H2 until this issue is resolved.
How to get windows 10 20H2 update
Microsoft prefers the staged rollout for Windows 10 version 20H2 so that it can focus on the collection of feedback and on the basis of the reported bugs the company plans the schedule for the broader rollout. So Well prepare your device for Windows 10 October 2020 update version 20H2 and wait for the update to arrive. Most devices will receive the update automatically within the first several weeks, but it’s expected to take months before the feature update reaches everyone.
Also, Check and make sure you didn’t defer the windows 10 Feature upgrade.
However, if you’re ready to move on, you can always force the upgrade manually in at least three different ways. Here how to Get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update right now
Before go ahead check and make sure your device meets the minimum system requirement for Windows 10 October 2020 update.
- Memory: 2GB of RAM for 64-bit architecture and 1GB of RAM for 32-bit.
- Storage: 30GB of free space on 64-bit systems and 30GB of free space on 32-bit.
- Although not officially documented, it’s good to have up to 50GB of free storage for a flawless experience.
- CPU clock speed: Up to 1GHz.
- Screen resolution: 800 x 600.
- Graphics: Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- All latest Intel processors are supported including i3, i5, i7, and i9.
- Up through the AMD 7th generation processors are supported.
- AMD Athlon 2xx processors, AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 2xxx and others are also supported.
Get Windows 10 October 2020 update via Windows Update
The recommended method to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update is to wait until you receive the notification that it’s ready for your device. Make sure the windows 10 Auto-update option is Turn on. And have installed the latest updates. This is the easiest way to get the October 2020 update on your device is using Windows Update.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Click the Check for updates button.
- If you see Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2, this is the October 2020 update,
- Click on the download option and wait for Windows 10 20H2 update to download,
- After the update finishes downloading, click the Restart Now button.
- This will install windows 10 20H2 similar to the installation of a quality update, with the difference that it’ll take longer to apply.
Get Windows 10 October 2020 update using Update Assistant
Sometimes even if your device is compatible with the new version, the update won’t download using Windows Update for a number of reasons. If you’re sure that the hardware configuration on your machine and applications are fully compatible, you can use the Official Windows 10 Update Assistant tool to upgrade.
Windows 10 Update Assistant Tool
Windows 10 Update Assistant Tool,” which is specifically designed to manually update a supported device to the latest version of the OS. This tool is meant to deploy feature updates on PCs, laptops, and tablets.
- Simply head over to Microsoft Official site
- Click the update now button to download the Windows 10 Update Assistant Tool.
- Once downloaded, double-click the tool.
- It will now scan your PC and Check for the latest update.
- If your device passes the system check, click the Next button to begin the upgrade.
- Now click next The actual download will begin a few moments after this screen appears.
- The download process will take a little while to complete.
- Wait until complete 100% complete.
- Once the download is complete, the Update Assistant will verify the download to ensure a successful installation.
- Now Follow on-screen instructions to install/Upgrade windows 10 October 2020 update on your system.
- Note: Your PC will restart a few times – so save any work first – and then your PC will be updated with the October Update, while all your files and settings will remain where they were.
Upgrade WindowsMedia creation tool
Again Media creation tool is one of the best ways to upgrade the computers to the latest version of the operating system. You can also Download IOS or perform a clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 Update with Media Creation Tool.
You can use the following steps to install the update:
- Download the Media Creation Tool from here.
- Run the setup.exe and accept the license agreement,
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option, and choose to Keep Personal files and apps.
- Now Click Install to begin the update process.
- The Windows 10 setup will take over and install the October 2020 Update on your PC,
- The installation shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes, but it’ll depend on your hardware configuration, internet speeds, and other factors.