Go Back To Previous Version Of Windows 10 After 10 Days (Extend Windows 10 rollback period)
When you upgrade from the older version of Windows 10 to latest windows 10 1903, your system keeps a copy of the previous version of Windows so that users can roll back to the previous version if they encounter issues with the newest version. And with default settings Windows 10 allows you to go back to the previous version of Windows in the first 10 days of installation. But for some users 10 days is not enough, Here how to extend Windows 10 rollback period from 10 days to up to 60 days. So that you can easily Go Back To Previous Version Of Windows 10 After 10 Days.
Go Back To Previous Version Of Windows 10
If you notice windows 10 1903 not perform well, decided to revert back previous builds. Here the official ways to downgrade Windows 10 from 1903 to 1890 within the first 10 days of installation.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings,
- Click update & security, then recovery.
- Now click Get Started under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
- Answer the question, why you are going back and click next,
- Windows 10 will offer you the chance to check for update in case that a new update is available to fix the current issue you’re having. If you have decided to downgrade the, click No, thanks to continuing.
- Read carefully what’s going to happen when you uninstall the Windows 10 1809 Update from your computer. you’ll have to reinstall some apps, and you’ll lose the settings configured after installing the latest build. Click Next to continue.
- Remember that you’ll need the password you used to sign in to your previous version of Windows 10. Click Next to continue.
- And Click Go back to earlier build to begin the rollback.
Extend Windows 10 rollback period
By default there is no option under Settings and Control Panel to change the default 10-day rollback period. But there is a way to increase or reduce the default 10-day rollback period, here how to
Note: you must perform steps below to extend the 10day limit to go back to your previous version of Windows within 10 days after upgrade to windows 10 May 2019 update.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- copy and paste following command and press enter key.
DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:30
Note: Here value 30 is the number of days that you would like to keep the files of the previous version of Windows. Where the maximum rollback period that you can currently set is 60 days.
- To check and confirm the same, type command
DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindow
NOTE: If you get “Error:3. The system cannot find the path specified” error, it is likely because there is no previous version of Windows files on your PC.
- Print jobs stay in queue after printing windows 10 (clear the print queue)
- Solved: The application was unable to start correctly Windows 10
- How to Reset or reinstall Microsoft store windows 10 1809
- Disable Touchpad When External Mouse Is Connected
- Solved: Bluetooth device not connecting in windows 10, 8.1 and 7