Getting Blue screen error “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after windows 11 update? You are not alone, a number of users report similar errors especially when gaming, or during high performance is needed. Mostly BSOD (Blue screen of death) error occurs due to a windows system file corrupted, issue with computer hardware or Incompatible device drivers. Again errors related to RAM (Random Access Memory) on your computer also cause stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on windows 11. Here in this post, we have a few working solutions apply to fix stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on your computer.
Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 11
First of all, we recommend disconnect all external devices (except keyboard and mouse) and reboot your computer that refresh the operating system and clears temporary glitch that may be causing this windows 11 stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
If due to this blue screen error system crashes frequently we recommend start your PC in safe mode and perform the solutions listed below.
Some antivirus programs are commonly responsible for the specific blue screen of death errors. So, I suggest you disable any third-party antivirus or firewall programs to see if it fixes driver IRQL not less or equal.
In addition, if the problem started after install a piece of software or app we recommend uninstall the same or remove recently installed software and applications that help fix the problem if the compatibility issue causes this blue screen error.
Update display driver
This problem mostly occurs because of the outdated or incompatible drivers or causing a conflict between the drives and a blue screen. And it’s a good idea to update the driver.
Here is how to update your driver on windows 11.
- Press Windows key + X and select device manager, Expand the ‘Display Adapters’ section
- Select display driver from the list and right-click it, then select Uninstall device.
- To remove the unit, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Windows will immediately reinstall the right driver after you restart your computer.
Reinstall display driver:
- Now again open the device manager, and expand the display adapter
- Right-click on display driver or Graphics driver choose Update Driver.
- Select Automatically search for modified driver applications from the drop-down menu.
- This will check windows updates for the latest available driver updates and install them.
- You only need to reboot your computer to apply the changes.
It’s possible that Windows Update won’t be able to find newer driver versions to download and install. In any case, you’ll need to go to the manufacturer’s website to download them yourself.
Install latest windows update
Microsoft regularly publishes cumulative updates with numerous bus fixes and security enhancements. May latest windows update has bug fix for this blue screen error. Let’s install the most recent windows update.
- Press Windows key + x and select settings,
- Select Windows update then hit check for updates button.
- Click download and install if a new update is available.
- Once done restart reboot your computer to apply the changes.
- Hopefully, your computer can boot normally now and there is no more BSOD error.
Run SFC and DISM command
Still need help, run DISM and sfc command this is very helpful in certain scenarios as they can repair and replace corrupted Windows files/drivers. And run both of these commands actually help you fix Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal on windows 11.
- Open command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and press enter key,
- This will scan your computer for corrupted and missing system files.
- Wait for the whole process to finish and it should give your result.
- If Windows was able to repair your files successfully it should say that the corrupted files are repaired.
Well if you see the process stuck and the Windows wasn’t able to recover your Windows then run the DISM command
- On the same command prompt window type command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit the enter key.
- Wait for the command to finish the process, it should take a while.
- Once the command completes its job, restart your computer and check if you are still getting driver irql less or equal error on your PC.
Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
There may be a problem with system memory (RAM) that causes IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on windows 11. Let’s run the build-in memory diagnostic tool that helps detect if there is something wrong with RAM.
How to check if the RAM is wrong.
- Press Windows key + R, type mdsched.exe and press ok,
- Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended),
- You need to wait for the computer to find the problems for a period of time,
- Once the scanning process completes it will display if any problem is detected there.
In addition, shut down your computer, remove power cables and batteries,
Open up your computer, unseat the RAM, clear any dust and reseat your RAM.
Make sure the RAM snaps back into place before restarting your PC.
In addition, check your CPU temperature, if it’s getting too high you need to take steps to cool your computer.
Did the above solutions help fix windows 11 Driver IRQL not Less or Equal error? Let us know on comments below.
- How to Quickly Fix Blue Screen of Death Errors in Windows 10
- Solved: Memory Management BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) Error on Windows 10
- How To Update Reinstall Display Driver In Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to fix USB Device Not Recognized Error Windows 10/11
- DNS server is not responding on Windows 10? Apply these solutions