Fix iPhone Not Showing Up in iTunes For Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
After Recent Windows 10 1909 upgrade, iTunes is not detecting or recognizing your iPhone? Here why your iPhone won't connect to iTunes on PC, And steps to fix the problem
A number of users reported the issue “iPhone not showing up in iTunes“. After recent windows 10 1803 Upgrade iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone. For some others, the iPhone keeps disconnecting.
When I plug my iPhone via USB cable, iTunes starts automatically and syncs the phone (as usual and as expected). However, Windows does not ask what I wish to do with the iPhone, the iPhone is not listed as a “portable device” in Device Manager and the Phone Companion or Photo app do not see that the iPhone has been connected.
iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone windows 10
in most cases, the problem of iPhone not showing up in iTunes cause because of the device driver. Again sometimes, incorrect settings, temporary glitch or a faulty USB cable cause iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone on windows. Whatever the reason, here we have 5 solutions that help iTunes and iPhone work together on Windows 10 PC.
- First of all Check and Make sure the USB cable is not damaged, try using another USB cable (if available). connect the iPhone on a different computer using the same USB cable.
- Connect the iPhone to a different USB port on your computer
- Restart Both, PC and your iOS device (iPhone), that fix the problem if temporary gitch causing the issue.
- When you connect the USB look at your phone there is a message prompt “Trust this computer” Make sure that you tap on the Trust button to allow the device to connect with your computer.
- And the most important, check and make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
Update iTunes on windows 10
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version
If the iPhone is not showing up in iTunes, it is recommended that you start with the following basic troubleshooting steps, before moving to other steps as provided below.
Set Apple Services to Start Automatically
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok.
- On the Services screen, Check and make sure that the Apple Mobile Device Service, Bonjour Service and iPod Service are running and they are set to start automatically on your computer.
- In case any of these Apple Services are not set to Start Automatically, double-click on the Service.
- On the next screen, you can change the Startup type to Automatic and Start the service (in case it is not running).
- Click on OK to save the settings and close the screen.
Update Apple Mobile USB Device
If all the above solutions fail to fix the problem, then chances are there an outdated device driver causing the problem. Follow steps below to update the Apple Mobile USB device driver on your computer.
Steps applied if you have installed iTunes from Windows 10 Store.
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port of your computer.
- Tap on Trust, in case you see “Trust This Computer?” pop-up on the screen of your iPhone.
- Now On your computer, right-click on the Start menu and then click on the Device Manager option
- This will display all installed device driver list, expand the entry for Universal Serial Bus Devices, right-click on Apple Mobile Device USB Device and click on Update Driver.
- On the next screen, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for your Windows computer to search for the Updated driver and follow the prompts to Install the Update Driver.
If Windows is unable to find Updated Driver software, try to locate the Driver manually by clicking on Browse my computer for driver software option and look for Driver in the following locations
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
If you downloaded iTunes from Apple official site (applicable for Windows 8.1 and 7 Users)
- Unlock and connect your iPhone to Windows PC. And close iTunes if running.
- Press Windows + R, and copy/paste below and ok.
- In the Run window, enter:
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- Right-click on the
usbaapl.inffile and choose Install.
- Disconnect your device from your computer, then restart your computer.
- Reconnect your device and open iTunes.
- Check this helps.
In case the above methods did not work, uninstall iTunes on your computer and Reinstall it back again. Hopefully, this should fix the problem of the iPhone not showing in iTunes. To do this
- Open Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on apps -> Apps & Features
- Scroll down, look for iTunes and select “Advanced options”
- and click uninstall option
- After that restart Windows to completely uninstall the old package.
- Now open Windows Store and search for iTunes and install the same.
- Check and connect your iPhone, it’s connected.
Did these solutions help to fix “iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone windows 10, 8.1 and 7”? let us know on the comments below.
- Solved: iTunes Error 0xE80000A while Connecting iPhone to Windows 10 PC
- Solved: Printer stopped working after windows 10 update
- VPN blocks Internet on windows 10? Here 7 solutions to apply
- How to fix network resource not available windows 10
- Solved: iTunes Unknown Error 0xE When Connect to iPhone/iPad/iPod