iPhone, iPad and iPod users mostly use iTunes (the only official Apple medium) to sync their Apple gadgets with Windows PC. But sometimes things do not go right, users report cannot connect my phone to iTunes “Unknown Error 0xE When Connect to iPhone” I have tried everything, updating the drives and turning off the security on my computer.
“iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000003)” on the Windows PC screen.
Such errors caused by various reasons that include system errors, improper driver installation, outdated software, damaged USB cables, or improper system configuration. If your iTunes cannot connect to iPhone, with unknown 0xE error 0xE800003, 0xE800002D, 0xE8000012, 0xE8000015 and 0xE8000065Here are several troubleshooting methods you can try to resolve in iTunes.
How to fix iTunes Error 0xe on Windows 10?
Mostly 0xE error indicates that the connection between your Apple device and Windows PC is broken due to a faulty cable. One of the best ways to solve this problem is to use a different USB cable to connect the device to your computer.
Check USB connection
Make sure that USB cable is fully plugged into your iPhone or iPad and into the USB port of your computer. Also, try connecting to a different USB port and see if this helps. Or Change the USB cable if necessary.
- Make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version. and you are using the most recent version of iOS software on your device.
To Install the latest iOS Tap Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates.
- Restart both your iOS device and computer.
Microsoft regularly releases cumulative updates with different bug fixes. If there are some new updates available, download and install them, may the latest update contain the bug fix causing 0xE error.
- When you first connected your iPhone to the computer Tap on the Trust button in the pop-up window. This should resolve many iTunes related problems.
Right-click on the taskbar and select task manager, Here under the process tab look for Apple services such as iTunesHelper.exe, iPodServices.exe, and AppleMobileDeviceService.exe, click on the service, and choose End Process. Reboot your computer.
Verify the Apple Mobile Device USB driver
- In addition check if the Apple Mobile Device USB driver is working in Device Manager:
- Press Windows” key and press “R”, Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and hit “Enter”
- Locate the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” section and expand it.
- If this driver has an error symbol next to it, right-click it and choose “Uninstall” option
- Click the “Action” menu tab at the top of the screen and select “Scan” button for Hardware Changes.
Reset the Lockdown Folder
The Lockdown folder is a hidden and protected folder created while installing iTunes on your computer. The Lockdown folder stores all sorts of temporary data and files produced by iTunes when syncing or updating your device. And deleting the Lockdown Folder on your computer, iTunes will recreate the directory, which may help to fix the iTunes error 0xE8000015.
To delete Lockdown folder On Windows PC:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command.
- Enter %ProgramData% and click OK.
- Locate and double-click the folder named Apple.
- Delete the Lockdown folder from your computer.
- Go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder from your Mac.
- Enter /var/db/ lockdown and press the return button.
- Select all the items in the Lockdown folder and remove them from your computer.
That’s all, Once restart your PC and connect your iPhone using a USB device, let us know connected, there are no more errors?
Reinstalling the Desktop Version of iTunes
Still need help, try to reinstlal the iTunes app on your windows 10 computer.
- Press windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl and hit enterkey, to open up the Programs and Features window.
- Locate the the iTunes app, right click on it select uninstall,
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation and restart your PC,
- Now download the iTunes app from its official site and install it.
Note: if you have downloaded iTunes app from microsoft store you need to open Apps and features from settings and uninstall or reinstall the app from there.