Soved: Kernel_security_check_failure Windows 10 (5 Working solutions)
Did your Computer crash with kernel security check failure after Windows 10 update? Here we have some of the effective solutions you must apply to fix it.
Windows 10 Kernel Security Check Failure error usually means that one or more of your data files is corrupt or has failed a compatibility check. There is the various reason, like memory issues, virus infections, system file corruption and more can cause Kernel Security Check Failure’ PC error. However, If the problem started after the recent Windows 10 update, then the drivers you were using for the previous Windows version are not compatible with the new Windows version and that end up windows 10 blue screen error. Well If you are also facing this issue kernel_security_check_failure here are a few things you may want to try.
Note: If due to this Windows 10 blue screen error cannot log in to your operating system and your device gives you this error message every time you power it up, boot into safe mode and perform solutions listed below.
kernel_security_check_failure windows 10
First of all, whenever you face blue screen error we recommend disconnect all external devices and restart your PC. That probably helps if any device error or driver compatibility issue causing Windows 10 BSOD.
You may want to also physically ensure that your RAM, Hard Disk, and other hardware components and accessories are connected properly.
Install the latest updated antivirus or antimalware application and perform a full system scan that probably helps fix the problem if virus malware infection causing System crash.
Install latest Windows update
This is another recommended solution you must perform before applying any other solutions. Microsoft regularly releases security updates with various beg fixes and security improvements. And installing the latest windows updates fix previous problems as well. That’s why we suggest install all the latest available Windows Updates
- Click on start menu then select settings,
- Go to Update & security than Windows update,
- Now click Check for updates button to allow download windows updates from Microsoft server.
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply these updates.
System file checker
As discussed before corrupt system files also make the system unresponsive, PC freezes or windows 10 crashes with different blue screen error. Run the built-in system file checker utility that automatically scans and restore missing system files with correct ones.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and press enter key,
- This will start scanning for missing corrupted system files if found any the SFC utility automatically restore them with the correct one.
- You only need to wait for 100% to complete the scanning process once doen restart your PC.
Use Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Also run the build-in Memory Diagnostic Tool which you can help check for possible memory problems, including testing of the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer.
- Press Windows + R type mdsched.exe and click ok
- This will open the Windows memory diagnostic tool
- choose “Restart now and check for problems.” option to allow start the diagnose process,
- Your computer will run a memory check and restart. The test can take a while, but it is crucial not to interrupt it.
If this Kernel Security Check failure Blue screen is related to Memory problem you will not face any Error After restart.
Update device driver
Again the kernel security check failure problems can be caused by a newly installed driver, outdated driver or driver incompatibility. Well If you come across the issue after installing a new hardware driver, you can uninstall it or reinstall it. If you just upgrade to Windows 10 from an older version, you may need to update the driver. It has the possibility that the drivers you used for the previous Windows version are not compatible with the new Windows version. Well If no new hardware has been installed, make sure you have the latest drivers for the below devices.
- Video card
- Network card or router (if present)
- Any removable or external disk drive
To update device driver on windows 10:
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok
- This will open the device manager and display all installed device driver list,
- look if any driver listed there with a yellow exclamation mark. Right-click on it select uninstall and restart your PC, on the next start windows automatically install the driver.
- Then expend display adapter section, right-click on installed graphics driver select update driver,
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software and follow on-screen instructions to allow download and install updated display (graphics) driver on your PC.
Also, you can visit the device manufacturer website for download and install the latest updated driver software on your PC.
Also run the check disk utility chkdsk C: /f /r to scan your disk drive for errors that probably help fix different blue screen errors on Windows 10.
If the problem started recently after Windows 10 1909 update there may compatibility issues causing system crashes. Rollback Windows 10 previous version or perform system restore that revert windows to a previous working state and let the current windows 10 build get stable, errors free.
If nothing works from the things mentioned above, then you might very well be forced to Refresh or Reinstall Windows. Refreshing Windows will keep your Personal data, but your base operating system will be reinstalled.
Reinstalling Windows will Remove Everything from your System Drive, which in most cases is C Drive. So you better take a backup of anything present in your C drive. This Option Pretty much guarantees to Solve this blue screen Error.
- Fix Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD in Windows 10
- How to Fix “We couldn’t Complete Updates. Undoing the changes” on Windows 10
- Windows 10 computer slow not responding after update? lets optimize it
- Solved: Memory Management BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) Error on Windows 10
- Windows 10 losing internet connection intermittently? Here how to fix it