Windows 10 Keyboard Suddenly stopped working? Apply these solutions to fix it
Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now your keyboard not working? Don't worry we have listed all the advanced as well as simple techniques to fix your Keyboard.
Sometimes you might face problem keyboard or mouse not working or gets jammed or won’t work properly after recent windows 10 update. Especially if you have switched to Windows 10 from older Windows 7 or 8.1 There are chances you might encounter this problem. You are not alone with this problem, A number of users report this issue Microsoft forum, the keyboard is not working after Windows 10 1909 update or after rollback Windows 10 to the previous version.
The most common reason for this problem is the keyboard driver may it’s corrupted or not compatible with the current windows version. And installing the latest driver for keyboard probably a good solution to fix the problem.
keyboard is not working Windows 10
If you are also struggling with similar problem Keyboard not working after updates or Suddenly Keyboard stopped working on Windows 10 apply solutions below.
- First of all check, the keyboard connected properly,
- Unplug the keyboard from the USB port and plug it in another USB port.
- Also if possible attach the keyboard on a different computer and check if this works, If not then there might a problem with the physical keyboard only.
As the keyboard not working on your Device lets start the virtual keyboard (On screen keyboard) on your PC to perform the troubleshooting steps below.
In case both keyboard and mouse not working then suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking, which loads the operating system with minimal set of drivers and check if the issue persists.
Turn off Filter Keys
Filter Keys is a feature that is designed to ignore brief or repeated keystrokes, and according to users, this feature is turned on by default on their laptops, and that’s what’s causing the keyboard issue. And turn off Filter Keys help them to fix the problem.
- Open control panel,
- Click on Ease of Access and then click “Change how your keyboard works.“
- Here Make sure that Turn on Filter Keys option is not checked.
Run keyboard troubleshooter
Windows 10 has set of build-in troubleshooting utilities that can automatically detect and fix several most reported issues, Lets first run the keyboard diagnostic utility and let windows to check and resolve the problem its own.
- Use keyboard shortcut Windows + X and select settings,
- Now in Windows settings search box type fix the keyboard and select find and fix keyboard problems,
- At this point click advanced and check the box labelled apply repairs automatically,
- Click next and follow on screen instructions that detect and repair potential issues with the keyboard.
Reinstall Keyboard Driver
Most of the time keyboard stops working because of an incomplete, faulty or outdated driver. So, we recommend update or reinstall them. There are different ways to do this. For one, you can update your drivers through Device Manager. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key + x and select device manager,
- This will open device manager and display all installed device driver list,
- Expend keyboard, right-click on installed keyboard driver and select uninstall
- Click ok When prompted to confirm.
Once you’ve removed the keyboard driver, restart your PC. Once you boot into your computer again, your system will automatically install the default keyboard driver, allowing you to use the device without any problem.
- laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in? Try these solutions
- Solved: The default gateway is not available on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Solved: Printer stopped working after windows 10 update
- Fix the “Critical Process Died” Stop Code 0x000000EF in Windows 10
- How to fix USB ports not working in Windows 10 Laptop/PC