How to fix laptop Touchpad not working properly windows 10
Did you notice Laptop Touchpad not working properly After recent windows update? Some other users report laptop touchpad not working properly while charging.
My Laptop touchpad works fine when used on the battery, but when i plugged in charger touchpad was not working properly but mouse working perfectly when I unplug my charger mouse and touchpad work properly.
Laptop touchpad not working while charging
There is a various reason, that causes laptop touchpad not working properly while charging or laptop touchpad not working after Windows update/Upgrade and But missing or outdated Touchpad driver is the most common reason for this problem. Again Virus malware infection, incorrect Touchpad setup also sometimes cause Touchpad not to working properly. Here we have collected 3 most working solutions to fix Laptop Touchpad problems like Synaptics touchpad not working, Asus Smart Gesture not working, HP touchpad not working etc.
If touchpad completely not working, make sure it’s not disabled from Function keys. Some of the laptops come with Fn keys that enable/disables the touchpad. Try Fn + F5, Fn + F6 or something else entirely.
Once Restart Windows and check If any temporary gitch causing the issue, restarting Laptop mostly fix the problem for you.
Still problem not resolved? Connect an external mouse and follow steps below to fix the Laptop touchpad problem
Run Hardware Troubleshooter
Run the Windows 10’s build in Hardware troubleshooting tool, and let windows to identify the problem itself first.
Go to Settings.
Head over to Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
Click Hardware and Devices, and click Run the troubleshooter.
Modify Touchpad Settings
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Devices and click on Mouse and Touchpad
- Scroll down, Here under Related Settings click on Additional mouse options
- Here under mouse properties, Go to the Touchpad tab (usually named the brand + touchpad model, such as Dell Touchpad.)
- Click on that touchpad to select it, and then click the Enable button.
- Now click the Pointers Options tab. On Select a pointer speed section, toggle the slider around to find a speed that works for you. Then hit Apply and OK to save the change.
- Buttons tab, then toggle the slider under Double-click speed section to select the speed works for you. Then hit Apply and OK to save the change.
Now check the laptop touchpad working properly
Update Touchpad Driver
As discussed before If your touchpad isn’t working, it may be a result of a missing or Outdated driver. follow steps below to Update the touchpad driver.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok,
- that opens Device manager, display all installed Device driver list
- Expand Mice and other pointing, Right click on Installed touchpad driver.
- Select update driver, then search automatically for updated driver software
- And follow on-screen instructions, that automatically check for the latest available driver for touchpad device.
- If available Windows automatically download and install them for you.
- After that restart windows and check Touchpad started working properly.
Note: If Windows didn’t find any driver, We recommend visit laptop manufacturer website for the latest available drivers. Download the latest driver for touchpad device and install on your laptop. Restart windows and check it’s now working properly.
Did these solutions help to fix “laptop touchpad problems“? let us know on comments below. Also. read How To Fix 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 version 1809