The Microsoft store on Windows 11 is equipped with a brand-new application store. It uses a completely redesigned UI which is beautiful and more efficient to use, download and install apps, games, and movies. Also, Microsoft updates the app frequently to improve the experience, but you may still experience problems while open the app, Microsoft store crashes or doesn’t open. A number of users report, that Microsoft Store isn’t working on Windows 11 when they click the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar or try to open the app. So to help get rid of such problems we have listed a few effective solutions apply to fix Microsoft store app problems on windows 11.
The Microsoft Store is where to get apps, games and more, but it might not work. Here are few effective way to fix Microsoft Store not working on Windows 11.
Why is Microsoft Store not open on Windows 11
When you restart your system it refreshes the operating system and clears out app data that potentially conflicting. Let’s restart windows 11 to do so Press the Windows key + X, select shutdown or signout then restart.
There are several reasons why Microsoft Store isn’t working on Windows 11, It could be a corrupted Microsoft store cache, Unstable internet connection or incorrect Date & time settings. Again third-party antivirus conflict or VPN may also cause the Microsoft store won’t open on windows 11. Whatever the reason, Let’s take a look at the solutions that help fix the problem for you.
Microsoft store not working windows 11
There are chances the Microsoft store app itself has an issue that causes the app not open or crash, and one of the quick solutions to resolve such issue is restart the windows 11 PC.
- Again check and make sure you have a stable internet connection,
- Disconnect VPN, if configured on your device.
- Temporarily disable third-party antivirus app or uninstall it
In addition press the windows key + R, type wsreset.exe and click ok. This will reset the Microsoft Store cache. An empty Command prompt will pop open and close automatically, and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
Go to Start, and select the Microsoft Store app. From the Microsoft Store, click on Library > Get updates. If an update is available, its installation will begin automatically.
Now check if the Microsoft store is working as expected and if no more errors are present. If still the problem continues follow the solutions listed below.
Check Your Date and Time Settings
Correct date and time on your PC is necessary to establish secure connections.
- Open windows 11 settings using windows key + I
- Click on Time & language, then Select Date & time
- Here check if the date and time are incorrect,
- In such case, toggle off the set time zone automatically option
- Click on the change next to set the date and time manually option and make the relevant changes.
Use the Troubleshooter App
Windows 11 comes with different troubleshooter apps that help you fix problems with your operating system and other different apps. Let’s run the Microsoft store app troubleshooter that automatically scans and fixes any issues that may cause the Microsoft store won’t open or isn’t working on Windows 11.
To access and run the Microsoft store troubleshooter:
- Press Windows key + X and select settings,
- Select system then ‘Troubleshoot’, Now click on other troubleshooters option,
- This will display all available troubleshooter list, scroll down until you see Windows Store Apps and click on the ‘Run’ button next to it.
Wait for the troubleshooter to identify and fix the problems, once done reboot your PC.
Reset the Microsoft Store App
If the above solutions didn’t help fix the problem, then try to reset the Microsoft store app to its default settings.
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app, click on Apps then select ‘Apps & features from the right panel,
- Scroll down until you find Microsoft Store, click on the 3 vertical dots on the opposite side of the text then go to ‘Advanced options’.
- Here you will get the option to ‘Repair’ or ‘Reset’ the Microsoft Store application.
- Try both options, where the repair option won’t affect any data but the reset option clears or remove app data.
This will repair the Microsoft Store app package, reset its cache, and should resolve your issues with the app.
Check the Proxy Settings
A proxy or proxy server acts as a medium between your PC and the internet. Sometimes proxy server may block the internet connection causing the Microsoft store won’t open.
- Open the settings app using windows key + I,
- Go to Network & Internet then proxy option,
- Toggle Use a proxy server to Off.
Now Reconnect your internet once again or reboot your PC, and launch the Microsoft Store once again to see if the problem persists.
In addition, check and install the latest windows updates on your windows 11 PC. To do so Open settings, to windows updates and hit the check for updates button. If pending updates are there click on download and install, once done reboot your PC to apply them.
Open the windows services console using services.msc command and locate the windows update service. Right-click on it and select restart, if the service is not started then right-click on it and select start.
Did the above solutions help fix the Microsoft store not working problem on windows 11? Let us know on the comments below.
- How to Reinstall Microsoft store apps in Windows 10?
- 7 Ways to Overcome windows update Install Error on Windows 11
- [9 solutions] Fix Windows 11 Screen Freezes But Mouse Works problem
- How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 11 Laptop (It’s Very Easy)
- How to Download the latest Windows 11 ISO image (64-bit) for free