The .NET Framework is an integral part of many applications running on Windows and provides common functionality for those applications to run. For developers, the .NET Framework provides a consistent programming model for building applications. If you are using the Windows operating system, the Microsoft .NET Framework may already be installed on your computer. And With Windows 10 net framework 4.6 is already installed. But .net framework 3.5 is not installed on Windows 10 and 8.1 computer. To run a Program built for net framework versions 2.0 and 3.0 you must have to install .net framework 3.5.
Here this post we go through different ways to install .net framework 3.5 on Windows 10. Also fix net framework 3.5 installation error 0x800f0906, 0x800f081f, 0x800f0907 on Windows 10.
Install net framework 3.5 on windows 10
Install net framework 3.5 on windows 10 is simple and easy, you can enable net framework 3.5 from programs and features window by following steps below.
First of all open windows services console using services.msc and check windows update service is running, Other wise right click and select Start.
- Open Control Panel
- Search for and select Programs and Features
- Click Turn Windows features on or off option
- Then select .NET Framework 3.5 ( include 2.0 and 3.0 )
- And click ok this will install or enable the Net Framework 3.5 Feature on windows 10
Fix net framework 3.5 installation error 0x800f081f
But some times During Enabling the Feature you will see following Error message.
Windows couldn’t connect to the internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you’re connected to the internet and click ‘Retry’ to try again. Error code 0x800F0906 or 0x800f081f
- Download the net Framework 3.5 offline package from here.
- This is a zip file Named (microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab),
- After finish, the download copy the download zip file and locate it on windows installation Drive (your C drive).
Now Open the command prompt as administrator and use command Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:C: /LimitAccess and press enter key to execute the command.
Here DISM command
- /Online: targets the operating system you’re running (instead of an offline Windows image).
- /Enable-Feature /FeatureName :NetFx3 specifies that you want to enable the .NET Framework 3.5.
- /All: enables all parent features of the .NET Framework 3.5.
- /LimitAccess: prevents DISM from contacting Windows Update.
Wait until the operation complete 100 % you will get the message the operation complete. This Will enable the .net Framework 3.5 Feature without any error.
Also you can use Windows 10 Installation media or ISO as source to enable .net framework 3.5 on windows 10.
Insert your install media or mount the ISO for your Windows 10 version and Note down the drive letter.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)
- Enter the command:
- DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:x:sourcessxs
- (replace ‘X’ with the proper drive letter for the source of your installer)
- Press enter and the process should progress through completion Reboot.
After rebooting, the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) will be available on the computer. If you head to the Turn Windows features on or off dialog, you will notice that the top .Net Framework 3.5 option is now checked.
Fix .net framework error 0x800f0906
If you are getting error code 0x800f0906 while enable .net framework 3.5 on Windows 10 here the effectie solution.
- Open group policy editor using gpedit.msc
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.
- Double-Click on Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- Select Enable.
Restart windows and again try to enable .net 3.5 from the control panel, programs, and features screen.
Did these solutions help to fix net framework 3.5 installation Error code 0x800F0906 ,0x800F0907 or 0x800F081F on Windows 10? Let us know on comments below.
- Fix System Restore did not complete successfully on Windows 10
- Solved: The configured proxy server is not responding windows 10
- Fix unexpected store exception Blue screen Error windows 10
- Scan And Fix Disk Drive Errors with CHKDSK in Windows 10
- 11 basic settings you must enable to Secure Windows 10 Laptop/PC