How to fix network resource not available windows 10
Sometimes while installing a program in Windows 10 you may receive error message “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable” Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package. And this error prevents you from installing or uninstalling programs on your PC. Well if you are also struggling with the similar problem while installing software on Windows 10, “encounter an issue with network resources being unavailable for access”. Here’s how to fix the problem.
Check Windows Installer service Running
Windows installer service plays an important role in Installing and updating apps on Windows 10. If the service is not started or stuck you may encounter network resource is unavailable error. Well first and check and make sure the Windows installer service is running state.
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type services.msc and click OK, this will open windows service console,
- Locate Windows Installer in the list of available services. Double-click on it.
- Once in the Properties window, make sure that Startup Type is Manual or Automatic.
- Proceed to Service status. Check if the service is running. If not, click Start.
- Press OK to save the changes.
- Now check if the issue has been resolved.
Run Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Microsoft has an official Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, that detects and fixes problems that prevent installing or uninstalling.
- Go to the Microsoft Support website, download the tool, and run it on your computer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and go through the troubleshooter
- This will try to detect and repair issues such as corrupted registry values and damaged registry keys and other problems that prevent new programs from being installed and/or old ones from being uninstalled.
- Allow the troubleshooter to do what it has been designed to do and restart windows.
- Lets again run the application and check if there is no more problems there.
Reinstall the problematic software
If you notice any specific app on your PC triggers the network resource is Unavailable error. Reinstall the app probably help to resolve the issue.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on System.
- Select Apps then Apps & features.
- Locate the app you wish to uninstall.
- Select the app and click Uninstall.
Now you can install the app again and check if it works fine.
Modify Windows Registry
Again for some of the user, this error may encounter because the system registry might be corrupt or damaged. Here is a registry tweak that probably helps to fix the problem.
Press Windows + R type regedit and ok to open the windows registry editor.
let’s first back up your registry:
- File -> Export -> Export Range -> All.
- Select the location for a backup.
- Give your backup file a name.
- Click Save.
Now locate the following path in the left pane.
- Now that you have located the Products key, expand it to see its subkeys.
- Click on each subkey and check the ProductName value.
- When you find the product name associated with the app that brings about your issue, right-click on it and choose Delete.
- Exit the editor and restart your computer.
- Now install or update your program without any error.
Did these solutions help to fix network resources not available on Windows 10? Let us know on comments below, Also read:
- How To well Optimize Windows 10 Performance For Gaming
- iTunes Not Working on Windows 10? Here 5 Different iTunes problems and solutions
- Fix System Idle Process high CPU usage on Windows 10
- Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration (Unidentified Network) Windows 10
- How to fix Laptop Touch screen not working on windows 10