When you work with important data, you should be doubly careful not to damage or delete them. However, disasters happen. One uncareful click, or system failure, and it seems that all those important files have gone forever.
Are there any free ways to recover deleted files in Windows? Yes, of course, everybody knows that to recover the recycle bin is the best and the fastest option, but if the files are not found there?
Don’t worry though, Windows 10 is one of the safest systems ever. You can recover the lost files from the Start Menu. For that, look in the Start Menu for the option to restore the files. Find the location where the deleted files were stored. Choose the Restore option and wait until you see the retrieved files in their initial folder.
One more option to get the files back is to restore previous versions. From the start menu, launch the system protection option. Select configure, turn on the system protection. Now, you can move on to restoring the needed files. Just select the needed folder and restore it to the version when the files were there.
However, if the recover recycles bin option did not work, and you are not experienced enough to use the other options, third-party recovery software is the only way to retrieve deleted files.
One precaution is a must if you want to make sure that the lost files stay available for recovery. Do not use the device until you recover the files, otherwise, they can be overwritten and lost forever. Now, when you are ready, follow the instruction.
How to Recover Deleted Files with Disk Drill
Disk Drill for Windows (free version) is one of the most reliable apps online that can be used to recover deleted files in Windows 10. It has many advantages, such as:
- It is a free app. The Pro Version is available for payment if you want to get an option to recover unlimited volumes of data and some more functions that are not available in the free version.
- It can recover several hundreds of file formats, for free.
- Files recovery at the partition level is possible.
- Easiness of use even if you are not a specialist.
Now, let us check how to recover deleted files for Windows 10 with Disk Drill.
Disk Drill Files Recovery: a Step-by-Step Instruction
If you have tried all the available options, and they haven’t worked, Disk Drill can be the right solution. To get it, move to the official website and select a free or a paid option. If you need just to restore deleted files, the free version is more than sufficient for that. So, first of all, you opt for its free option.
- Download the tool.
- Further, run it.
- When Disk Drill starts, it will display an option Search for Lost Data. Click on it, this is exactly what you need.
- You will see a list of files available for recovery. Select those that you need to recover. If you aren`t sure what exactly files you need you can select the entire set, however, the recovery procedure will take more time then.
- Select the location where you want to keep the retrieved data. It is strongly recommended to avoid the location where they were stored initially. Otherwise, the process can overwrite the data and make them lost completely, without any opportunity to recover it.
- Finally, click the Recover option and wait until you get the files back.
Disk Drill is one of the most efficient tools to recover any format of files. It is easy-to-use, free, and doesn`t take many resources of your device.
Check out a detailed video tutorial:
- Network adapters missing after Windows 10 1903 update? Try these solutions
- Solved: iTunes Error 0xE80000A while Connecting iPhone to Windows 10 PC
- Can’t adjust screen brightness on laptop after windows 10 update? Try these solutions
- Solved: Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) High CPU usage On Windows 10
- Windows 10 Search Preview not working (May 2019 Update version 1903)