How to Rollback windows 10 Version 20H2 October 2020 update
Did you encounter problems after Windows 10 October 2020 update? Windows 10 not performing well, getting startup problems, Apps start misbehaving etc after Windows 10 20H2 update. And you might want to go back to your previous version (rollback windows 10 version 20H2) and wait until the update is a bit less buggy. Yes, it’s possible to uninstall the windows 10 October 2020 update and go back to the previous version. Here step by step guide to Rollback or uninstall windows 10 version 20H2 and go back to your previous version 2004.
Uninstall Windows 10 October 2020 Update
If your device has been upgraded using Windows Update, Update Assistant, or you use the Media Creation Tool, That cause only you can uninstall the Windows 10 version 20H2. (If you performed a clean installation you can’t uninstall/rollback windows 10)
It is possible to uninstall Windows 10 20H2 update only if you have not deleted the Windows. old folder. If you already deleted it, then the only option available for you will be to perform a clean install of the previous operating system.
You can only uninstall windows 10 version 20H2 during the first ten days since the upgrade was installed.
Also, you can perform this tweak to Change the number of rollback days (10-30) for Windows 10 feature upgrades
Bear in mind, if you do revert to a previous build you may need to reinstall some apps and programs, and you will lose any changes you made to Settings after installing the October 2020 update. You’ll also be advised to back up your files as a precaution
Before going back to the previous version Check This:
- Windows 10 October 2020 update Version 20H2 Troubleshooting Guide !!!
- Windows 10 October 2020 update version 20H2 Common Queries and Answers
- Fix Windows 10 October 2020 Freezes Applications Not Responding on Startup
Rollback Windows 10 Version 20H2
Now follow the steps below to uninstall Windows 10 20H2 update and go back to the previous version of Windows 10 2004.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & Security then Recovery on the left
- And then click on Get started under ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
The process will start, and you will be asked some questions for information purposes, as to why you are going back to the previous build of Windows 10.
- Answer the question and click Next to continue.
- When you click next Windows 10 will offer you check for updates.
- In case that a new update is available to fix the current issue you’re having.
- Either you can check for updates or click No, thanks to continue.
Next, Read The instruction message about what’s going to happen when you uninstall the Windows 10 October 2020 Update from your PC And click next to continue.
When you go back, you will lose the settings changes or the apps you may have installed after you upgraded to the current build.
- When you click next it will instruct you’ll need the password you used to sign in to your previous version of Windows 10.
- Click Next to continue.
- That’s All you will get a message Thanks for trying out this build.
- Click Go back to the earlier build to begin the rollback process.
Change the number of rollback days (10-30) for Windows 10 feature upgrades
Also, you can perform the command below to change the Duration of roll back to the previous feature release Default from 10 days to 30 days.
- Simply open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindow to check the number of rollback days (by default 10days) currently set on your computer.
- Next Use command DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:30 to customize and set the number of rollback days for your computer
Note: Value: 30 represents the days by which you want to extend the Windows Rollback function. The value can be set to any customized number depending on your choice.
- Now again type DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindow and check this time you notice the number of rollback days changed to 30 days as shown image below.
Note: If you’ve manually deleted the old Windows file named windows.old using Disk Cleanup, or it’s more than 30 days since the windows upgrade you may face error. Otherwise, this process will successfully uninstall the windows 10 20H2 update and Rollback to the previous windows 10 version 2004.
- 5 solutions to fix the Netflix app not working on windows 10
- Solved: No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10
- 11 basic settings you must enable to Secure Windows 10 Laptop/PC
- local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration windows 10
- How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error In Windows 10