System and Compressed Memory High CPU usage on windows 10 1809
System and compressed memory run with high CPU usage after windows 10 1809 upgrade? The system became unresponsive at startup or completely freezes as because System and Compressed Memory using almost 100% CPU or Disk resources. If you are also struggling from this problem, here 5 effective solutions to Get Rid of this System and Compressed Memory High CPU usage on Windows 10.
What is System and Compressed Memory?
System and compressed memory is a Windows service helps to handle the compression and extraction for the different functions that are associated with the memory of the system. Or you can say this service is mainly responsible for compressing the different types of files and folders as well as the management of any RAM that is available.
Normally system and compressed memory process is only supposed to take up a small amount of CPU and Disk. But most probably if you have tweaked your virtual memory settings or changed paging file size from automatic to a customized value this will cause 100 CPU or disk usage.
System and Compressed Memory High CPU usage
First of all check and make sure windows have the latest updates installed.
- Press windows + x select settings,
- Click update & security then windows update
- Now click check for updates.
Perform a full system scan for Virus/malware infection With the latest updated virus or malware application.
Change the Paging File Size to Automatic
Normally the default size for all paging files for Windows 10 automatically allows Windows to manage the size. However, If you have adjusted the Virtual memory for optimization purpose or changed the page file to a custom and pre-set value. It can lead to 100 Disk usage or High CPU usage by the process. And change the paging file size to automatic can fix this issue.
- First click on start menu search, Type performance and select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows from search results.
- Now on performance options move to the Advanced tab,
- Then click on change under the virtual memory option.
- The virtual memory popup will open,
- Here make sure automatically manage paging file size for all drives option should be checked.
- That’s all Now click on OK and then Apply,
- Then Restart windows to take effect the changes you have made.
This is the most working solution, fixed System and Compressed Memory High System Resource usage issue for most windows users.
Disable Superfetch Service
- Press Windows + R, Then type services.msc and hit the enter key.
- This will open Windows services scroll down to look for Superfetch Service,
- Right click on Superfetch service, select properties,
- Here Change the startup type to Disable
- And Click on Stop button next to Service status if it’s running.
- Click apply and ok to make save changes.
Restart windows and check on next login The problem System and Compressed Memory High System Resource usage is get solved.
Optimize Visual Effects
Windows visual effects use system memory, and Many users reported system and compressed memory high resource usage problem resolved after optimizing the visual effects of the computer. To optimize Visual Effects on Windows 10 fallow bellow.
- Click on start menu search type Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows and hit the enter key.
- Here under visual effects Tab select radio button “Adjust for best performance”.
- Now click on Apply and then OK To make save changes.
- Then Close all windows open and restart the PC. Once done check if the issue still comes up on the device or not.
Disable fast startup
- Open control panel,
- Serach for and select power options,
- On the left side of the pane, select Choose what the power button does.
- click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- unckeck the option Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Then press Save changes and exit.
Run DISM and sfc utility
Sometimes missing, corrupt system files also cause high disk usage or 100 CPU usage. Run DISM RestoreHealth command and Sfc utility that restores missing system files with correct ones.
- Type cmd on start menu search,
- Right click on command prompt, and select run as administrator,
- Run DISM command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After 100% complete the scanning process, run sfc /scannow command.
- Restart windows after complete the scanning process, and check there is no more high CPU usage on windows 10.
Disable the System and Compressed Memory
If none above solutions worked for you, still system and compressed memory causing 100 CPU usage. The following steps below to completely disable the system and compressed memory process.
- Open control panel,
- Search for and select administrative tools, then Click on Task Scheduler
- Expand the Task Schedule Library available in the left pane.
- Next click Microsoft to expand its content and then again do the same for “Windows” to expand its content.
- Now look for Memory Diagnostic and click on it to display its content on the right pane.
- Here Look for the following task “RunFullMemoryDiagnosticEntry” right-click on it and select the Disable option.
- Once done with this close the Task Scheduler and restart your PC.
- Look if the bug still persists or has been resolved.
Did these solutions help to fix System and Compressed Memory 100 CPU usage on windows 10? Let us know on comments below, also read: