Solved: Windows 10 Thread Stuck in Device Driver Blue screen error 2022
Windows 10 stop code is 0x000000EA thread stuck in device driver usually occurs because of a bad or misconfigured device driver, different ways in which you can fix this Blue screen error easily.
Getting frequent blue screen error thread stuck in device driver after a recent windows update? You might also experience this Windows 10 BSOD after installing a new hardware device or while playing your favorite game or normally using the computer. Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is usually caused when a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter an idle state. This is usually a driver problem, especially due to outdated video card drivers and rarely hardware.
Again corrupted system files, bad memory modules, or a faulty video card also cause this blue screen error. Whatever the reason, if you are struggling with a similar BSOD error, apply the solutions listed below to fix the thread stuck in device driver error on windows 10.
Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD
Whenever your system crash with a blue screen error, the first thing we recommend, remove all external devices (example: printer, scanner, external HDD, USB) and restart your PC.
Note: The fault usually results in a BSOD crash. If you can boot into your desktop long enough, perform the steps below. If the desktop won’t stay loaded for long enough, boot your computer into safe mode and do it from there
Update display (Graphics) driver
As discussed, Outdated, corrupted video card drivers can be the main cause. Therefore, to fix THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER and many other BSoD errors, it’s important that you update your drivers first.
- Press Windows Key + R, then type devmgmt.msc and click ok,
- This will open Device manager and list all installed device driver list,
- Expand Display driver, Right-click on the installed graphics driver, and select update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software and follow on-screen instructions to install and update the current display driver.
Rollback Driver option
If you notice the problem started after an update of the graphics Driver, then that might be the newly installed driver is incompatible with the current windows version. And which may be causing the issue. That causes you can try the RollBack Driver option to revert the current driver to the previous version.
- Again open Device Manager using devmgmt.msc
- Right-click on installed graphic driver select properties,
- Expand display adapter and then double click on installed graphic Driver.
- Here move to the Driver tab. You will find the option Rollback Driver option click on it and follow on-screen instructions to revert the current driver to the previous version.
Reinstall Graphics driver
Also, you can Visit the device manufacturers website, download the latest available Graphics Driver. Then from Device manager, uninstall the currently installed driver. Restart windows and install the driver you download from the manufacturer.
Did update or reinstall the display driver help fix the thread stuck in the device driver BSOD error? Still need help, follow the next instructions.
Reset Hardware Acceleration
Few users report reset Hardware acceleration helps them fix the blue screen error.
- Please right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel (Note: Every graphics card has its own control panel).
- On the NVIDIA Control Panel, select “Set PhysX configuration” from the left column.
- Then under select, a PhysX processor makes sure CPU is selected.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- This will disable NVIDIA PhysX GPU acceleration and which may help to resolve this problem.
Update BIOS (Basic Input/Output System)
Performing a BIOS update is a critical task, and if something goes wrong, it can seriously damage your system. Therefore, expert supervision is recommended.
Lets first identify your BIOS version,
- Press Windows Key + R, then type “msinfo32” (without quotes) and hit enter to open System Information.
- Here note down the manufacturer and BIOS version,
- Now visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest BIOS.
Most new computers have a fairly easy BIOS update procedure done by simply downloading the .exe file from your motherboard manufacturers website and running it. If your PC suddenly shuts down while installing the BIOS, there might be a problem booting it up, so make sure your battery life on your laptop is fully charged, or you are plugged into a UPS.
Install the latest Windows updates
Microsoft Regularly drops Feature updates with Security improvements and bug fixes to patch the security hole created by third-party applications. And may with the latest update, there is a fix for this BSOD error. So make sure you have installed the latest windows updates on your system.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings,
- Click Update & security than Windows update,
- Then click the check for updates button to allow windows update download available updates from the Microsoft server.
- Once done, you need to restart your system to apply the updates.
- Check to install the latest Windows updates to fix the problem or not.
Run System File Checker
Again, sometimes corrupted system files (especially after the recent Windows 10 upgrade ) cause different startup problems, Blue screen errors, etc. We recommend Run System file checker utility to repair corrupted files.
System File Checker is a free utility that allows users to scan for corruption in Windows system files. If found, any the SFC utility restore them from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. After that, Restart windows and check the problem is resolved for you.
To run the system file checker utility, open the command prompt as administrator, type command sfc /scannow and press enter key. The System File Checker will detect any corrupted or damaged files in your system.
After the process completes, close the Command Prompt and then restart your computer.
Control The Temperature
Again Overheating is another major cause of this thread stuck in the device driver BSOD Error. Overheating the system can have a drastic effect on the video card, like locking the chipset. In such conditions, you would observe the Thread Stuck in Device driver Error 0x100000ea. So it is important that you keep a check on the temperature of your desktop or laptop. To cool down the system, make sure that your system’s fans and UPS are clean and working properly.
Perform System Restore
If all the above solutions failed to fix the thread stuck in the device driver blue Screen Error, then it’s time to utilize the System Restore feature, which reverts the windows configuration to the previous working state. Restoring your computer system to an earlier date when it worked without any error message can help reverse any adverse changes that may be causing the error.
Check the Video card
After trying the above solutions, if the problem persists, your video card might be damaged. You may need to replace it with a new one. It’s recommended you take your computer to the near computer repair store to have a further check.
Did these solutions help fix thread stuck in device driver stop code 0x000000EA? Lets us know on comments below
- Did Windows 10 Computer Restarts Unexpectedly? Apply these solutions
- Solved: Kernel_security_check_failure Windows 10 (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Photos App Not Opening/Working after update? Let’s fix it.
- Solved: No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10
- Windows 10 laptop saying plugged in But not charging? Try these solutions