Laptop touchscreen not working or stops functioning after Windows 10 1903 upgrade? This is probably driver related problem, as the installed driver for the touchpad is incompatible with the current windows version. Here we have effective solutions to fix the touch screen not working on windows 10. Since the touch screen doesn’t work, use a mouse or keyboard instead to apply the solutions below.
Windows 10 touch screen not working
Restarting Windows always fixes hardware, not working issues. Try this method and your touch screen may work like a charm.
Note: I’m showing this in Windows 10 but the same steps can be used for Windows 8 systems.
Install the latest Windows updates
Microsoft regularly releases important updates targeting the bug fixes in the operating system. Installing the latest Windows update may contain the bug fix for the touch screen not working on your Laptop. Let’s first check for and install the latest windows updates.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings app,
- Click Update & security, then windows update,
- Here click on the check for updates button,
- This will check for and download the latest available updates
- Restart windows to apply the updates and check if this fixes the problem.
Oftentimes, when you are facing troubles with a hardware device, you can try unplugging and replugging it. However, since the touch screen is not easily unpluggable, you can disable and enable the touch screen, which probably fixes the touch screen not working problem in Windows 10.
- open Device Manager,
- Expand the category “Human Interface Devices”
- Right-click on HID-compliant touch screen then select Disable,
- Click Yes to confirm this.
- Wait few seconds, again Right-click on HID-compliant touch screen then select Enable. Check these heps.
Update touch screen driver
A missing or outdated touch screen driver can cause a touch screen not to work on laptops, so you should update your touch screen driver to fix it.
- Press Windows + X and select device manager,
- This will open the device manager and display all installed driver lists,
- Expand Human Interface Devices
- Right-click on HID-complaint touch screen and click on the Update driver software
- Now select search automatically for updated driver software option so that the drivers can get automatically updated.
Reinstall Touch Screen Driver
- First, open the start menu, search for “Device Manager” and open it.
- Now, expand the “Human Interface Devices” tree,
- Rind your touch screen driver, right-click on it and select the “Uninstall device” option.
- You will see a warning message. Click on the “Uninstall” button to continue.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart your system
- Windows 10 should automatically reinstall the touch screen driver for you.
- Since driver reinstallation fixes a lot of issues, see if the Windows 10 touch screen nor working problem is fixed or not.
You can also visit the manufacturer’s website for your touch screen. Find the latest correct driver for it, then download and install it into your computer. Be sure to download the one that is compatible with Windows OS on your computer.
Recalibrate Windows 10 Touch Screen
Basically, the laptop manufacturer will calibrate the Windows 10 touch screen to work properly on your system. However, sometimes your touch screen’s calibration might go haywire and cause troubles with normal functionality. Windows 10 has a built-in touch screen recalibration tool, using this you can recalibrate the touch screen in Windows 10.
- Open the start menu, search for “Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input” and open it.
- In the tablet PC settings window, click on the “Setup” button under the Configure section.
- You will be asked to choose the screen type. Since we want to calibrate the touch screen, select the “Touch Input” option.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions in the wizard.
- Once you are done, restart Windows 10.
- After restarting, see if the touch screen is working in Windows 10.
Have you tried all of these tips and your touchscreen is still broken? If so, you should probably contact your system manufacturer to get them to investigate.