Microsoft regularly releases Windows 10 updates that help keep us safe and improve the features and stability of our system. But sometimes they can also cause some problems too. If Windows 10 is acting up after an update, you found latest cumulative update has bug that causing Problem you can remove cumulative update on windows 10 by following steps below.
Uninstall Windows 10 Cumulative Updates
- Press Windows Key + I keyboard shortcut to open Settings
- Click Update & Security and under the “Check for updates” button click on the View Update History link.
- This will display a list of the update history of recent cumulative and other updates,
- Click Uninstall Updates link at the top of the page.
- The classic control panel page opens that contains the list of recently installed updates.
- Scroll down and find the update you want to get rid of, right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- You will be prompted to verify you want to uninstall it and see a progress bar during the uninstall process.
Note: This list only allows you to uninstall cumulative updates that were installed since the feature update.
Uninstall cumulative update windows 10 command line
Updates can also be removed from the command line using the wusa tool. To do so, you need to know the KB (KnowledgeBase) number of the patch you want to remove.
- Type cmd on start menu search, right-click on the result and select run as administrator. This launches an elevated command prompt.
- To remove an update, use the command wusa /uninstall /kb:4470788
Note: Replace the KB number with the number of the update that you want to remove
Delete pending updates on Windows 10
If you are looking for delete pending updates, that corrupted, prevent install new updates, or causing a different issue. Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- Scroll down look for windows update service, right click and stop
- Now navigate the following path
- Select everything (Ctrl + A) and hit the Delete button.
- Now restart the windows update service by right click select restart.
How to Reinstall an update on Windows 10
After uninstalling cumulative update, here follow steps below to reinstall the update on windows 10.
- Open Settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click Update & security than Windows Update.
- Here click Check of updates button to trigger an update check,
- This will redownload and install the update automatically again.
- Click the Restart Now button to complete the task.
- Once your computer reboots, hopefully, the update would have installed correctly, and you can go back to be productive with your Windows 10 device.
Prevent windows 10 auto update
If uninstalling the update fixes your issue, follow steps below to prevent windows 10 auto update.
Pause windows update:
Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options and scroll down and turn on the switch to pause updates.
Using group policy editor
- Press the Windows logo key + R then type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > WindowsComponents > Windows Update.
- Select Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates on the left, and click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature
Windows 10 Home basic users
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok.
- Scroll down and look for Windows update service, double click on it to open properties.
- Here change startup type disable and stop the service next to service startup.
- Click apply and ok.
Prevent specific updates from installing on your device
If you are looking for prevent specific updates from installing on your device fallow steps below.
- Download the Show or hide updates troubleshooter from Microsoft support.
- Double-click the .diagcab file to launch the tool, Click Next.
- Click Hide updates to continue.
- The tool will check online and list the available updates currently not installed on your PC.
- Select the Windows Update that is causing problems, and click Next.
- Click Close to complete the task.
Did these help to uninstall, reinstall windows update on your device? let us know on comments below, Also read: