How to install the Windows 10 October 2020 Update using Media Creation Tool
Still have not received Windows 10 October 2020 update? Here how to Upgrade Windows 10 version 20H2, October 2020 update using the Official Windows 10 media creation tool
Microsoft is officially Released Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2 for everyone. This is the eighth big update not only brings bug fixes and new features but also offers a ton of changes under the hood for everyone include consumers, gamers and organizations. All compatible devices connected to Microsoft server automatically receive Windows 10 version 20H2 feature update notification. So check and make sure you have well prepared for Windows 10 October 2020 update and wait for the upgrade notification to come.
If due to any reason you still didn’t receive Windows 10 October 2020 Update or you can’t wait until Microsoft automatically installs the update. You can use the official Windows 10 version 20H2 Media creation tool to manually upgrade to Windows 10 October 2020 update.
Manually Install Windows 10 version 20H2
First of all make sure you didn’t defer windows update to install.
Check windows update and its related (BITs, Superfetch) services are runnings. To check and start these services open windows services
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- Look for these services status.
- if any of these services not running double click on it
- change the startup type automatic and start the service.
Give windows update a try to Install Windows 10 version 20H2
Manually check for windows updates and let Windows update to download may update for you.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app,
- click Update & security, then Windows update.
- hit the check for updates button and let windows to check for and install updates.
- If you see an update named “Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2”, this is the October 2020 Update and it will start to download and install.
- When it’s done downloading and performing a preliminary install, Windows will prompt you to restart your computer.
- And When you restart the computer, it will finish the installation and boot you back into Windows with the October 2020 Update installed.
Upgrade Windows 10 version 20H2 using Media creation tool
If Checking for windows updates still do not show the October 2020 Update being available, Then Let’s windows force upgrade and install windows 10 version 20H2 using the official windows media creation tool.
For those unfamiliar with this tool, the Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade an existing Windows 10 install or to make a bootable USB drive or an ISO file, which can be used to create a bootable DVD, that you can use to upgrade a different computer.
First of all Download the media creation tool from Microsoft: http://microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 And save it to your local drive.
- Next Right-click on the downloaded MediaCreationTool20H2.exe file and select Run As administrator To run the application.
- On the first screen, you will be greeted with a license agreement that you must agree to before continuing.
- After you accept the license agreement, please be patient while the tool “gets things ready”.
- Once the installer has set up, you will be asked to either Upgrade this PC now or Create installation media for another PC.
- The default option is already to upgrade so just hit Next.
Note: If you wish to upgrade a different PC, you should select the “Create installation media” and follow the prompts.
- The Media Creation Tool will begin to download the Windows 10 October 2020 Update and install it.
- It will depend on your internet speed How much time it will take to complete the download process.
- The Windows 10 Download and installation process could take a while, so please be patient.
- Eventually, you will get to a screen prompting you for information or to reboot the computer.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions and when it’s finished,
- the windows 10 version 20H2 will be installed on your computer.
Also, you can check your windows 10 installed version by press windows + R, type winver and ok This will prompt a screen as below image.
That’s all, congratulations you have successfully upgrade windows 10 October 2020 update Version 20H2 on your System. If you face any difficulty while upgrade process or have any query, a suggestion about this post feel free to discuss on the comments below. Also, Check