Did you notice Your PC is connected to the internet but there is no internet connection, have no access to the Internet or web pages? The same problem occurs with laptop users WiFi is Connected but there is No Internet Access or Limited Access issue. There is a various reason such as incorrect network configuration, problem with the network device, outdated or incompatible network adapter driver, temporary glitch etc that cause the problem
“No Internet Access”
“Connected with Limited Access”
“This connection has limited or no connectivity. No Internet access.”
If you’re one of the “victims” of the WiFi Connected but no Internet access problem, here this post we have collected some effective solutions that fix the issue.
Windows 10 WiFi No internet access
WiFi connected, but don’t have internet access usually means either you didn’t get an IP address from the wifi access point (router). And this mostly because your machine is not configured correctly to receive an IP address from the DHCP server. apply solutions below to get rid of this problem.
First of all, if you notice all of the device (computers, mobiles, tablets etc.) connect to your WiFi just fine but you still can’t access the Internet on any one of them, then there is a chance your router causing the issue. And restarting the Device mostly resolve the problem.
- To do this Turnoff the Router, Modem (if connected), and Restart your PC. Now again Turn on the router and check.
- Also, Check the WAN Internet cable and see if it’s damaged or simply not connected to the router.
Run Network And internet troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a build in network troubleshooter, Running the tool automatically detects the issue and try to resolve the problem itself.
- type Network troubleshooter In the search box on the taskbar, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
- Follow the steps in the troubleshooter, Restart windows and see that fixes the problem.
Reset network configuration
If Running network troubleshooter doesn’t fix your connection problem, Then perform command below to reset winsock catalog back to the default setting or clean state, flush DNS cache, release current IP and Request DHCP server for new IP address etc.
Open Command prompt as administrator and perform below commands one by one. Then after restart windows and check this helps.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
Change your DNS server address
Another possible cause for this problem is the unstable network connection or the misconfiguration of DNS servers settings. let’s change the DNS server address (use Google DNS or open DNS) to see if it fix the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and ok.
- This will open Network configuration window.
- Right click on Active network adapter (WiFi adapter) and click Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
- Select radio button Use the following DNS server addresses,
- for Preferred DNS server, enter 220.127.116.11;
- for Alternate DNS server, enter 18.104.22.168.
- Then click OK.
- Check Internet connection started working.
Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically
Due to some reason If you have manually configured IP address, DNS server address on your PC. Change the same to Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically is another effective solution, that works for most of Users.
- First, open network configuration window using ncpa.cpl command.
- Right, click on WiFi adapter (Ethernet) and select properties.
- Here double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Under the General tab, select radio button Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Reboot your PC and check the problem Fixed or not.
Note: if you notice your PC is already set to Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically That cause manually add IP and DNS address and check this may do the magic for you. Check how to Setup static IP address on Windows 10.
Automatically detect proxy settings
If you are using proxy or VPN connection we recommend to Disable them. And fallow steps below, set Windows to Automatically detect proxy settings
- Press Windows + R, type inetcpl.cpl and ok to open Internet properties.
- Under connection, tab click on LAN settings.
- Here make sure that “Automatically detect settings” is checked and “Use a proxy server for LAN” is unchecked.
- Click OK and then click apply.
- Finally, Reboot your PC to save changes and check the problem resolved.
Update or Reinstall Wireless drivers
Again An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to Windows 10, it’s possible that the network driver was incompatible with current windows version as its designed for a previous version of Windows. And installing the latest Wireless (Network adapter) driver fix the problem.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type devmgmt.msc and ok to open Device manager.
- This will display all installed driver list.
- look for network adapters, Right click on installed Wireless driver select update driver.
- On next screen select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- This will automatically check for the driver update.
- If found any windows automatically download and install them for you.
- After that restart windows and check Internet connection started working.
- If update driver didn’t fix the problem, open device manager,
- Right click on network adapter driver and select Uninstall device.
- select yes, if asked for confirmation and restart windows to completely uninstall the driver.
- Again open device manager, click Action and then select ‘Scan for hardware changes.
- This will automatically install the basic driver for you to start the internet connection.
Note: If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC/laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. As your PC can’t connect to the Internet, you’ll need to download a driver on a different PC and save it to a USB flash drive, so you can manually install the driver on your PC.
Did these solutions help to fix WiFi and internet connection problems, such as WiFi connected but no Internet Access, Limited Access, the connection has limited or no connectivity etc. let us know which option worked for you, still have query feel free to discuss on comments below. Also, read How To Setup And Configure an FTP server on Windows 10.