Recently Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4499167 (OS Build 17134.765) for Windows 10 1803, April 2018 update. Installing KB4499167 Bumps the OS to Windows 10 Build 17134.765 This is part of may 2019 Patch Tuesday update include security and non-security fixes more. Also there is some known issues as well, that Microsoft working on fixing them.
Download Windows 10 KB4499167 update
This is KB4499167 is part of April 2019 patch update and it will be available to all users through Windows Update. You can also manually download the update from Microsoft Update Catalog.
Note: If you are looking for Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update ISO) click here.
Windows 10 KB4499167
If you are running Windows 10 Version 1803, April 2018 update on your device, KB4499167 update automatically download and install on your device via windows update. That change build number 17134.765, you can check this using winver command.
Talking about changelog, latest Cumulative update KB4499167 bring several bug fixes that include
- First of all the latest KB4499167 provides protection against a new subclass of speculative Vulnerabilities in the Microarchitectural Data Sampling vulnerability for Windows 64-bit versions (x64) (CVE-2018-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE) -2018 -12,130).
- The update adds “uk.gov” to the Top Level Domains (HSTS TLD) of HTTP Strict Transport Security for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge .
- It fixes a problem that can lead to “Error 1309” when installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files on a virtual disk.
- Fixes the problem that prevents startup of Microsoft Visual Studio Simulator.
- This update KB4499167 addresses a problem that may cause zone transfers between primary and secondary DNS servers to fail over the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).
- Fixes a problem that could cause text, layout, or cell size in Microsoft Excel to be narrower or wider than expected when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.
- And this update KB4499167 also brings numerous security updates for Microsoft Edge, IE, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Storage and File Systems, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Network, Windows Wireless Network, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, and Microsoft JET Database Engine included.
Issue 01: Error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)” when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.
- Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege.
- Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership.
Issue 02: Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) to start a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension. This may cause the connection to the WDS server to terminate prematurely while downloading the image.
To mitigate the issue, disable the Variable Window Extension on WDS server using one of the following options:
Open an Administrator Command prompt and type the following:
Wdsutil /Set-TransportServer /EnableTftpVariableWindowExtension:No
Use the Windows Deployment Services UI.
- Open Windows Deployment Services from Windows Administrative Tools.
- Expand Servers and right-click a WDS server.
- Open its properties and clear the Enable Variable Window Extension box on the TFTP tab.
Set the following registry value to 0:
Restart the WDSServer service after disabling the Variable Window Extension
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
you can read the complete changelog from here.
Have you experienced any issue installing these cumulative updates KB4499167 Check Windows 10 update troubleshooting guide here.
- New Cumulative updates available for Windows 10 1809, check what’s new
- 5 Reasons Your Windows 10 Computer is Running Slowly
- Setup And Configure an FTP server on Windows 10 step by step Guide
- How to fix Netflix app not working on windows 10
- Things to do Before installing Windows 10 May 2019 update version 1903