Today Microsoft has rolled out third May cumulative update KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) for Windows 10 version 1809. According to Microsoft blog installing KB4494441change OS to windows 10 1809 Build 17763.503 and like Like all Windows 10 Cumulative Updates, this also only brings corrections to the malfunctions encountered by users and insiders and the latest security patches.
Download Windows 10 Build 17763.503
All Compatible devices connected to Microsoft server automatically download and install Cumulative update KB4494441 via windows update. Or you can manually check for updates from
- Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button.
- Or simply type check for updates on start menu search and select the first result.
Also, you can download KB4494441 offline package from Microsoft catalog blog or following link given below.
Windows 10 Build 17763.475 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
What’s new Windows 10 1809 build 17763.503
If you are running Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 update) your Device receives cumulative update KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) that includes the following changelog.
- Enables “Retpoline” by default if Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) is enabled.
- Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 64-Bit (x64) versions of Windows (CVE-2018-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130).
- Adds “” into the HTTP Strict Transport Security Top Level Domains (HSTS TLD) for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that may cause “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of .msi and .msp files on a virtual drive.
- Fixes a problem that prevents the Microsoft Visual Studio Simulator from starting.
- Addresses an issue that may cause zone transfers between primary and secondary DNS servers over the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) to fail.
- Fixes a problem that causes Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Management Information Base registration to fail when the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider uses the Windows tool SMI2SMIR.exe.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the text, layout, or cell size to become narrower or wider than expected in Microsoft Excel when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Cryptography, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Server.
Also, KB4494441 comes with few know issues as well,
- Some operations such as rename may fail on a Cluster Shared Volume and throw the error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”.
- After installing this update, there may be issues using the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) to start a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension. This may cause the connection to the WDS server to terminate prematurely while downloading the image. This issue does not affect clients or devices that are not using Variable Window Extension.
- you may receive the error, “Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x80070007e.” while printing from Microsoft Edge or other Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications.
- you may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
Microsoft has listed Windows 10 KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) details on their support page, you can visit from here for more details.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4494441 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4494441 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide. Also, read: