Part of Windows 10 20H1 development branch Microsoft has released new Windows 10 Build 18898.1000 (rs_prerelease) for Fast ring insiders. Since we’re still in the very first days of Windows 10 20H1 update, there’s not much you’ll get in this build, as Microsoft is still working on paving the way for more breaking changes. According to insider blog, latest Windows 10 18898 include minor improvements on Taskmanager that now display drive type for example you are using SSD Or HDD on your PC. Also, there is a few bug fixes and know issues well.
What’s new Windows 10 Build 18895?
With windows 10 20H1 preview build 18898 Task Manager has been updated to display Disk type (SSD, HDD, etc.) for each disk listed in the Performance tab.
A small, but perhaps convenient change — you’ll now be able to see the disk type (e.g. SSD) for each disk listed in Task Manager’s performance tab. This is particularly helpful in cases where you have multiple disks listed so you can differentiate between them. Microsoft explained
General bug fix and improvements
- Fixed an issue resulting in a high hitting DWM crash in recent builds.
- Fixed a pcshell.dll issue in recent builds resulting in a high hitting explorer.exe crash.
- Fixed an issue where updated Japanese IME settings would be never applied in certain desktop bridge apps, which could result in prediction candidates being shown even after they’d been disabled in the IME settings.
And company suggested For those who’ve already been impacted by this, you’ll need to reset the app Settings > Apps > <select the app> > Advanced Options > Reset before you see the results of this fix.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
- If you use remote desktop to connect to an enhanced session VM, taskbar search results will not be visible (just a dark area) until you restart searchui.exe.
- There’s a noticeable lag when dragging the emoji and dictation panels.
- Certain devices if fast startup is enabled night light doesn’t turn on until after a restart. (Note: The problem will occur on a “cold” reboot or power off / power on. To work around if night light doesn’t turn on, use Start > Power > Restart.)
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build.
- Some features on Start Menu and in All apps are not localized in languages such as FR-FR, RU-RU, and ZH-CN.
- Ease of Access settings, selecting a color filter may not take effect right away unless color filters option is turned off and back on again.
- The IME candidate window for East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and the Japanese IME) may not open sometimes.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18898 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 Budil 18898 ISO
If you are part of Windows Insider in the Skip Ahead ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 18898 from windows settings, update & security check for updates button. If you are looking for Download Windows 10 build 18898 ISO click here.
As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. We recommend not to install preview builds on the production machine. If you love early access windows 10 upcoming features we recommend install preview builds on Virtual machine.