Part of Windows 10 20H1 development branch Microsoft has released new Windows 10 build 18860 to insiders in the Skip Ahead ring. Since we’re still in the very first days of Windows 10 20H1 update, there’s not much you’ll get in this build, as Microsoft is still working on paving the way for more breaking changes. According to Microsoft insider blog, windows 10 build 18860 Brings SwiftKey’s Typing Intelligence to support to additional 39 languages and sew of bug fixes for Microsoft Edge, Settings app, night light, battery drain, virtual machines, and Wi-Fi.
As for known issues, Microsoft still hasn’t fixed the GSODs caused by anti-cheat software, as well as the compatibility issue with Creative X-FI sound cards and Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
What’s new Windows 10 Build 18860?
Today’s preview doesn’t offer any new features as expected and brings general performance improvements and bug fixes.
Below are some of the notable changes in this release:
Availability of SwiftKey for 39 more languages.
Afrikaans (South Africa), Albanian (Albania), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Armenian (Armenia), Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan), Basque (Spain), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Catalan (Spain), Croatian (Croatia), Czech (Czech Republic), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), Estonian (Estonia), Finnish (Finland), Galician (Spain), Georgian (Georgia), Greek (Greece), Hausa (Nigeria), Hebrew (Israel), Hindi (India), Hungarian (Hungary), Indonesian (Indonesia), Kazakh (Kazakhstan), Latvian (Latvia), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Macedonian (Macedonia), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmal, Norway), Persian (Iran), Polish (Poland), Romanian (Romania), Serbian (Serbia), Serbian (Serbia), Slovak (Slovakia), Slovenian (Slovenia), Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Uzbek (Uzbek)
- Fixed an issue causes the Microsoft Edge browser to crash or show errors during interaction with certain PDF documents.
- Fixed an issue causing night light being on after an upgrade, slider to adjust the night light strength could result in night light getting stuck on, night light was skipping the fade transition when it was turned off
- An issue resulting in the “…” menu contents being clipped for certain apps like Voice Recorder and Alarms and Clock when the app was full screen, fixed.
- Fixed battery drain issue while the screen was on in recent builds.
- Fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugcheck green screens citing a KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION error.
- An issue preventing certain VMs from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds – the VM would hang on the black screen with the Windows logo.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking a Wi-Fi entry in the taskbar network list when using light theme would bring up a dark theme context menu.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing for some Insiders when clicking the Apps section.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly, Microsoft partnering with creative to resolve this issue.
- When performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled, the user will need to initiate an extra reboot to ensure Reserved Storage is working again properly,”
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18860 at the Windows Blog.
If you are part of Windows Insider in the Skip Ahead ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 18860 from windows settings, update & security check for updates button.
As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. We recommend not to install preview builds on the production machine. If you love early access windows 10 upcoming features we recommend install preview builds on Virtual machine.