How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 20H2, October 2020 Update Now!
Microsoft Releases ‘Windows 10 version 20H2 aka October 2020 Update‘ for compatible devices. Similar to the previous release, the October 2020 Update update will be available as an optional update and seekers need to click on “Download and install now” to get the update installed on your device.
Here Microsoft official explains how to Get the windows 10 October 2020 update the right way.
Get Windows 10 October 2020 Update
The official way to grab the Windows 10 October 2020 Update is to wait for it to automatically appear in Windows Update. But Always you can force your PC to download the Windows 10 Version 20H2 via windows update.
Well before that make sure the latest patch updates installed, that prepare your device for Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
- Head over to Windows Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security,
- Following by windows update and check for updates.
- Check if you see something like Feature update to Windows 10 version 20H2.
- If yes then click the “Download and Install now” link
- This will take a few minutes to download the update files from the Microsoft server.
- And restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
- After completing the process this will advance your Windows 10 build number to 19042.330
If you get the message “Your device is up to date“, then your machine is not scheduled to receive the update straight away. Microsoft is using machine-learning system to determine when PCs are ready to receive the update, as part of the update’s phased rollout, so it takes some time before it arrives on your machine. That cause you can use the official Windows 10 Update Assistant or Media creation tool to install October 2020 update now.
Windows 10 update assistant
If you don’t see Feature update windows 10 version 20H2, available while checking via windows update. That cause using Windows 10 Update Assistant is the best way to get the windows 10 20H2 now. Otherwise, you will have to wait for Windows Update to Automatically serve the October 2020 Update to you.
- Visit the Microsoft Software download page
- Click the blue Update Now button.
- This will download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Right-click on downloaded update assistant.exe and run as administrator.
- Accept it to make changes to your device and click on the Update Now button on the bottom right.
- The assistant will perform basic checks on your hardware
- If everything ok click next, to start the download process.
- It depends on your internet speed, to complete the download process After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- After the update finishes downloading, follow the instructions to restart your PC and complete the installation process.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown.
- You can click the “Restart now” button in the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link in the bottom left to delay it.
- Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- And after final restart your PC upgrade to windows 10 October 2020 update version 20H2.
Media Creation Tool
Also, you can use official Windows 10 media creation to manually upgrade to windows 10 20H2 update, its simple and easy.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft download site.
- After download Right-click on MediaCreationTool.exe and select run as administrator.
- Accept the terms and conditions in the Windows 10 Setup window.
- Choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option and hit ‘Next’.
- The tool will now download Windows 10, check for updates and prepare for the upgrade, which may take some time, It depends on your internet speed.
- Once this setup is complete you should see a ‘Ready to install’ message in the window. The ‘Keep personal files and apps’ option should be selected automatically, but if it isn’t, you can click ‘Change what you want to keep’ to make your choice.
- Hit the ‘Install’ button and the process should begin. Make sure you have saved and closed any work you have open before hitting this button.
- The update should complete after some time. When it’s finished, the windows 10 version 20H2 will be installed on your computer.
Download Windows 10 20H2 ISO
If you are an experienced user and want to do a clean install, you can use the link below to download a full ISO image of Windows 10 version 20H2 then create physical media (USB drive or DVD) for doing a clean install.
Windows 10 20H2 Features
As usual Windows 10 feature upgrade brings new features and improvements to refresh the OS, The October 2020 update also introduce a number of new features that include a Redesigned Start Menu, a new more touch-friendly taskbar, the ability to adjust the refresh rate for a display, Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as default browser and more.
One of the most visible changes in the Windows 10 20H2 Update is in the Start Menu. The Start Menu Tiles are now theme-aware, which means their background changes according to the dark or light theme.
Microsoft has now removed the solid colored background behind the icons in the app list and added a translucent background behind the Tiles.
The 20H2 update now allows you to tweak your display’s refresh rate, which can be accessed in the Windows Settings > System > Display.
The default icons pinned on the Taskbar now vary according to the user. For instance, a gaming-focused Windows user will see the Xbox app, whereas, if someone has an Android device linked, they’ll see the Your Phone app in the Taskbar.
The windows 10 20H2 update will now ship with new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge (powered by the open-source Chromium engine) as the default browser.
The ALT+Tab keyboard shortcut, allow quickly switch between apps now the company added the ability to switch between Edge browser tabs using the same shortcut.
You can read Windows 10 version 20H2 features list from here.
You can read our dedicated post
- Microsoft Edge disappeared after windows 10 update? Here how to Get it back
- Setup And Configure an FTP server on Windows 10 step by step Guide
- How to enable File Explorer dark theme on Windows 10 version 20H2
- How To well Optimize Windows 10 Performance For Gaming
- Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%, Here 5 Solutions you may try