As Microsoft releases security updates for company products on the second Tuesday of each month. And today As a part of patch Tuesday update Microsoft released Windows 10 Build 17134.165 with cumulative update KB4338819 on Devices running Windows 10 version 1803 ( April 2018 update ). As per the company, This update KB4338819 does not include any new features for Windows 10 version 1803, it’s just an update for bug fixes and stability improvements.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 17134.165
The KB4338819 update includes security updates for Internet Explorer, Windows Apps, Windows Datacenter networks, Windows wireless networks, Windows virtualization, Windows kernels, and Windows servers.
Also Microsoft is finally allowing the users to debug the WebView content in UWP apps. You just need to download Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview app from the Store and enable the debugging tool. The KB4338819 update would make sure that the application and device are compatible with all updates to Windows.
The KB4338819 update improves the Universal CRT Ctype and it will correctly handle EOF as valid input. And addresses an issue that could have caused the Mitigation Options Group Policy client-side extension to fail unexpectedly.
Windows 10 update KB4338819 Improvements and fixes
Microsoft has announced KB4338819 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 version 1803 on your PC, this update will address these problems:
- Improves the ability of the Universal CRT Ctype family of functions to correctly handle EOF as valid input.
- Enables debugging of WebView content in UWP apps using the Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview app that’s available in the Microsoft Store.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the Mitigation Options Group Policy client-side extension to fail during GPO processing. The error message is “Windows failed to apply the MitigationOptions settings. Mitigation Options settings might have its own log file” or “ProcessGPOList: Extension MitigationOptions returned 0xea.” This issue occurs when Mitigation Options has been defined either manually or by Group Policy on a machine using Windows Defender Security Center or the PowerShell Set-ProcessMitigation cmdlet.
- Evaluates the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows apps, Windows graphics, Windows datacenter networking, Windows wireless networking, Windows virtualization, Windows kernel, and Windows Server.
Download Windows 10 Build 17134.165
The latest KB4338819 update will automatically download and install through windows update. Or you can manually check for updates from settings -> update and security -> windows update.
Also, you can download Windows 10 KB4338819 Update standalone package from Microsoft update catalog website.
Windows 10 KB4338819 Update 32 bit (374.1 MB)
Windows 10 KB4338819 Update 64 bit (676.6 MB)
Installing The KB4338819 update brings Windows 10 version 1803 to OS Build 17134.165. To check the Windows 10 version and build number press windows + R, type winver and ok. This will display screen like below image.
Also Read Windows 10 Update KB4338825 OS Build 16299.547 (10.0.16299.547) Change log version 1709.