Windows 10 preview Build 17754.1(rs5_release) Released with bunch of Bug fixes and improvements !
Microsoft today rolled out another update, Windows 10 Preview Build 17754.1 (rs5_release) for Windows Insider in the Fast Ring that doesn’t include any major change, but company diligently fixed bugs. According to the company the latest Windows 10 October 2018 update Build 17754, fixes lots of problems with the OS update that include Action Center, taskbar, multi-monitor setups, certain apps crashing, Microsoft Edge, Settings app and more. Also still There are two known bugs in Redstone 5 Build 17754. Texts are still truncated when magnified in the settings for easier operation. The narrator also does not work correctly in the settings.
Windows 10 preview Build 17754.1 General changes improvements
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. Microsoft is now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in reduced Action Center reliability in recent flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where if you opened one of the taskbar flyouts (like network or volume), and then quickly tried to open another, it wouldn’t work.
- Microsoft fixed an issue for people with multiple monitors where if the Open or Save Dialog was moved between monitors some elements might become unexpectedly tiny.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing recently when setting focus to the in-app search box.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in certain games, like League of Legends, not launching/connecting properly in recent flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where clicking on web links in PWAs such as Twitter didn’t open the browser.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in certain PWAs not rendering correctly after the app had been suspended then resumed.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where pasting multi-line text into certain websites using Microsoft Edge might add unexpected empty lines between each line.
- Microsoft fixed a crash in recent flights when using the pen to ink in Microsoft Edge’s web notes.
- Microsoft fixed a high hitting Task Manager crash in recent flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing for Insiders with multiple monitors when changing various options under Display Settings in the last few flights.
- Microsoft fixed a crash when clicking the Verify link on the Accounts Settings page in recent flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the contents of the Apps & Features page wouldn’t load until the apps list was ready, resulting in the page appearing blank for a time.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the list on Settings of built-in phrases for the Pinyin IME was blank.
- Microsoft fixed an issue in Narrator where activating Microsoft Edge history items would not work in Scan mode.
- Microsoft made some improvements in Narrator Selection when moving forward in Microsoft Edge. Please try this out and use the Feedback hub app to let us know any issues you encounter.
Windows 10 preview Build 17754.1 Known issues
When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
If your device enrolled for Fast ring Insider The latest RS5 build 17754 immediately available through Windows update And the preview build will download and install automatically on your device. Also, you can manually check and install the latest Preview build from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and click the Check for updates button. If you’re not, you can go to the Windows Insider Program tab and click Get started to join Insider preview.
According to the rumors, Microsoft wants to ship the final build to the Windows Insiders by late September. And The public rollout of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 begins rollout in the first half of October 2018.
Windows 10 Preview Build 17755.1(rs5_release) Released, Here what’s new!