Windows 10 build 18247.1001(rs_prerelease) available for Skip Ahead Insiders
Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 18247(rs_prerelease) to its 19H1 branch, available for PCs in the Skip Ahead lane of the Windows Insider Program. According to the company, the latest 19H1 build 18247 (Also know on as windows 10 version 1903) is a minor update that doesn’t include new features but delivers a few fixes for Narrator, Microsoft Edge, and the Your Phone app icon include the “Preview” tag. Also there are known issues includes one that causes the context menu in File Explorer to appear with a thick white border if the dark theme is enabled and one that causes Task Manager to not display CPU usage correctly.
Note: As per Microsoft blog this build isn’t “available for PCs running 64-bit Windows 10 Home and Pro editions in Czech (cs-cz).”
Windows 10 build 18247 changes and improvements
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator text to speech not making sense when reading Narrator’s Quick Start pop up in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in app icons sometimes becoming invisible in the taskbar in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an IME not working in Microsoft Edge the first time it was launched.
- We fixed an issue resulting in WebView controls potentially not responding to keyboard.
- Rolling out this week, along with more bug fixes, we have added a “Preview” tag to Your Phone app as we continue to finetune the based on your feedback. Keep it coming via Feedback Hub.
Windows 10 build 18247 Known issues
- When using dark mode, File Explorer’s context menu has an unexpectedly thick white border.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage. This should be fixed in the next flight.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
Download Windows 10 build 18247
Windows 10 Preview Build 18247 is only available to Insiders in the Skip Ahead Ring. And Compatible Devices connected to Microsoft server automatically download and install the 19H1 preview build 18247. But you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and click the Check for updates button.
Note: Windows 10 19H1 Build is only available for users who joined/Part of part of the Skip Ahead Ring. Or you can check how to join skip ahead ring and enjoy windows 10 19H1 features.