Microsoft today released New windows 10 19H1 build, version 18323 to Fast Ring Insiders, that delivers improved RAW image format support. Also, there is some improvements and fixes to the new Light Theme coming to Windows 10 1809. And a long list of fixes and known issues.
The latest Fast Ring build, version 18323.1000.19H1_release.190119-1759 is now available for all insiders, download and install automatically via windows update. Also, you can force windows to update from settings, Update & Security check for updates to manually install Windows 10 Build 18323.
What’s new Windows 10 build 18323?
With the latest 19H1 Build (windows 10 1903 beta) Microsoft added new RAW decoding extension package distributed through the Store, which can significantly improve support for RAW file formats in Windows systems.
Once you download the new Raw Image Extension (Beta) package from Windows Store you can view thumbnails, previews, and camera metadata of previously unsupported raw files directly in File Explorer. You can also view your raw images – at full resolution – in apps such as Photos or any other Windows app that uses Windows Imaging Component framework to decode raw images. (Microsoft state on their blog post)
According to Microsoft, there are still some known issues with Raw Image Extension (Beta) package, which are listed below:
- Exposing camera properties stored as EXIF/XMP metadata is not currently working for some raw image formats.
- File Explorer hangs when the view state is changed to “Details Pane” and a raw file that activates the new raw codec package is selected.
- Opening some raw images in Photos app using the new store-delivered raw codec pack gets stuck at low-resolution thumbnail image.
With Windows Insider users feedback Microsoft introduces some enhancements and fixes to the Windows Light theme on the latest Windows 10 1903 build 18323.
- Fixed an issue where the text in the battery flyout might become unreadable in light theme due to it being white.
- We fixed an issue where the scrollbar in the network flyout wasn’t visible in light theme.
- We fixed an issue where the autoplay icon in the systray wasn’t visible in light theme.
- We fixed an issue where impacting the network and volume icons in the notification area where after switching to light theme they wouldn’t update from white to black until explorer restarted.
- We fixed a similar issue where not all supported app icons in the taskbar would switch colors on the taskbar when switching between light and dark theme (particularly on the secondary monitor).
- We’ve made some adjustments to address issues where when using light theme white icons in notifications weren’t readable.
- We’re updating the Settings icon to now be dark grey in the taskbar when light theme is enabled rather than black.
Along with these two notable changes, Windows 10 build 18323 also includes a slew of fixes and several known issues. Here the complete list of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18323 at the Windows Blog.