Today (10 August 2018) Along with Windows 10 19H1 build 18214, Microsoft also released Windows 10 build 17735 for devices enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. This is another minor update for Redstone 5 branch, Didn’t introduce any new features but addresses a bug resulting in the Reveal effect not working with build 17733. It also fixes problems with apps, Windows Mixed Reality, Narrator, and more. Microsoft is expected to roll out Redstone 5 to mainstream users starting around October 2018 as windows 10 version 1809.
General changes, improvements, and fixes on Windows 10 build 17735
- Fixed a problem that caused Reveal not to work in Build 17733, for example in Start or Settings.
- Fixed a problem that caused the links that launched an application from another did not work in the last Builds for some Insiders.
- It solves a problem in Windows Mixed Reality in which the voice command, “Turn on Flashlight”, did not activate the flashlight function.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Search with Bing” function in Notepad to search for “10 10” instead of “10 + 10” if that was the search query. A problem whereby the accented characters ended as question marks in the resulting search is also solved.
- Fixed a problem where Ctrl + 0 to reset the zoom level in Notepad would not work if the 0 was written from a keyboard.
- Fixed an issue where near sharing was blocked on the sending device after canceling sharing on three different devices.
- The Narrator in scan mode has been improved to avoid multiple stops for a single control.
- The problem where Narrator said “It is not a Narrator command” when navigating the elements of the Win32 menu bar is solved.
- They remove the Windows alert sound when we start the search command in Narrator.
- The problem where the Narrator gets stuck in a word limit is solved by making a selection using the current character and the previous one.
Known problems on Windows 10 build 17735
- Your PC will perform a bug check (GSOD) when you delete a local folder that is synchronized with OneDrive.
- When you update to this compilation, you will see that the floating panels of the taskbar (network, volume, etc.) no longer have an acrylic background.
- When you use the Accessibility settings to make the text larger, you may see text clipping problems or the size of the text may not increase everywhere.
- In Windows 10 in S mode, the launch of Office in the Store may not start with an error on a .dll that is not designed to run on Windows. The error message is that a .dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again.
- By using Narrator Scan mode, you can experience multiple stops for a single control. An example of this is if you have an image that is also a link. This is something they are actively working on.
- When using the Shift + Select Narrator Scan mode commands in Microsoft Edge, the text is not selected correctly.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings application when you navigate with the Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you deactivate the scan mode again, Narrator will now read it when you navigate with the Tab key and the arrows. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to avoid this problem.
- They are investigating a potential increase in startup reliability and performance issues in this release.
- After configuring a Windows mixed-reality HMD with motion controls for the first time, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before they appear.
Download Windows 10 build 17735
Windows 10 build 17735, the update is available immediately through the Fast ring for PCs. This preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
As today’s RS5 build 17735 Microsoft only focused fix bugs. Now it looks company is indeed done with the RS5 development as it has started to focus on bug fixing and performance improvements, getting away from trying out any new features. Where Microsoft already started windows 10 skip ahead 19H1 development process to develop and try out new features. Microsoft also today released Windows 10 build 18214 for devices enrolled skip ahead 19H1 development branch you can check feature and changelog details from here.