Windows 10 losing internet connection intermittently? Here how to fix it
If your WiFi connection keeps dropping out, then reconnecting or windows 10 losing internet connection randomly Here the effective solution you must apply
Sometimes you might experience Windows 10 laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet. And you won’t have a stable internet connection to perform certain online activities, watch a video or play online games. A number of users report laptop disconnects frequently from the Wireless network especially after recent windows update PC losing internet connection intermittently few others report internet randomly drops out every few minutes and making it impossible to play online games.
Well, the reason may various where windows 10 connects and disconnects again and again it could be a problem with network device (Router), Network (WiFi) adapter, Antivirus firewall blocking the connection or Incorrect network configuration and more. Whatever the reason, It’s frustrating when the internet continuously connecting and disconnect. Here we have listed 5 different solutions that help you fix WiFi/Internet keeps disconnecting issues on Windows 10 laptop.
Internet Connection Disconnects Randomly
- Start With basic solutions if this is the first time you experience this problem we recommend restart Networking devices (router, modem, switch) include your PC that fixes the problem if any temporary glitch causing the issue.
- The distance and obstacles between your computer and modem are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. If your WiFi signal is too short, you’re on the edge of the signal, WiFi disconnect frequently and windows 10 losing internet connection we recommend move laptop closer to the router and avoid getting intermittent disconnection.
- Again temporarily disable security software (Antivirus) or disconnect from VPN (if configured)
- If wifi keeps dropping on windows 10 then Right click on Wifi connection name and select forget. Now click on it again, enter your password to connect to the network and see if WiFi keeps disconnecting.
Run Network Troubleshooter
Lets first run the Build in Internet and network adapter troubleshooter that automatically diagnose and fix incorrect network configuration, check problem with network adapter and driver for compatibility issue and more that prevents Internet function properly.
- Open Settings app using keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click on Network & internet,
- Scroll down and locate Network troubleshooter and click on it,
- This will start the diagnose process for Network and internet problems,
- Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting
- Once done restart your PC/Laptop and check if the problem solved.
Here is an effective solution that worked for me to fix Laptop drops from WiFi network or Internet Connection Disconnects Randomly applicable on Windows 10 users only.
- Right click on Windows 10 start menu select Settings.
- Click on Network & security then click on Status.
- Scroll down and locate Network reset link, click on it
- A new window opens with the Reset now button, and a message will there as well that explains what happens when you use the reset now button.
- Read the note carefully, and when you are ready click on reset now button, Click yes to confirm the same.
Using this process, Windows 10 will automatically reinstall every network adapter that has been configured on your device, and it’ll reset your network settings to their default options. Restart your PC and check if the Internet continuously connecting and disconnect problem resolved.
Modify the power management setting
This is another effective solution help a number of windows users to fix wifi keeps disconnecting problems on Windows 10 laptops.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok
- This will open Device manager and display all installed device driver list,
- Now expand network adapters, and Double click on your wi-fi/Ethernet adapter.
- Move to the power management tab, and Untick the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.
Update network adapter driver
Again device driver plays an important role in Windows 10 performance. If the installed network adapter driver is outdated, incompatible with the current windows 10 version you might experience losing internet connection intermittently. And you should update or reinstall the network adapter driver to fix most of the network and internet connection problems on Windows 10.
- Right click on Windows 10 start menu and select device manager,
- Expand network adapters,
- Right click on the Ethernet/WiFi driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Then, Choose Search automatically for updated driver software and Follow on-screen instructions.
- You also should do it for other network adapters and restart your PC.
Reset TCP/IP Stack to default
If the problem still exists, You can reset your connection settings by following the steps below.
Search cmd, Right click on command prompt from search results and select run as administrator, Now run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
Use Google DNS
According to a few numbers of users Switching to google DNS helps them get a stable internet connection and fix the Internet disconnect problem on Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and click ok,
- This will open the network connection window,
- Here right click on active network adapter select properties,
- Next locate Internet protocol version 4 (IPv4) then click on Properties
- Select radio button Use the following DNS server addresses. Set Preferred DNS server to 126.96.36.199 and Alternate DNS server to 188.8.131.52. Click on OK to save changes
Still, need help? Now its time to check with replacing your network device (router) the physical device may have a problem and that causing internet connection unstable.