Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422 (Problems installing Windows 10 21H2 update)
Windows 10 update installation failed with Error code 0x80070422? Don't worry here we have different solutions help to fix different windows update installation problems.
Windows 10 feature update version 21H2 fails to install with Error code 0x80070422? The most common reason behind this Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422 may the Windows update service not running. Again Network List Service is the cause when they encounter 0x80070422. There were some problems installing updates error Or Sometimes IPv6 is also a reason for this issue.
There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help (0x80070422)
Error 0x80070422 There were some problems installing Updates
First of all Disable Any security software or antivirus protection (if installed).
Clean booting your computer may also help. If any third-party software causes confliction to download & install windows updates. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the search box > type msconfig.
- Select System Configuration > go to the Services tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all.
Go to Startup tab > Open Task Manager > Disable all the unnecessary services running there. Restart your computer and check for updates,
Change Services Status
Few Services on Windows ensure to download Windows update files successfully. Nonfunctioning of any of them prevent the windows update process that might end up with the 0x80070422 error.
- Press ‘Windows key + ‘R’ type services.msc and press Enter key to open windows services.
- Then scroll down look for windows update service, and double-click on it to get its properties.
- Here change the startup type Automatic, and start the service if it’s not running.
- If the service already running right-click on it and restart.
And also make sure the following services are running:
- BitLocker Drive Encryption Service
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Windows Defender Firewall
- Network Connections
If their status is not Running, you can right-click them and choose Start. And if these services already running simply right-click on it and select Restart.
Some users suggest on the Microsoft forum, Reddit Disabling IPv6 helps them to resolve this windows 10 update error 0x80070422. Follow the steps below to disable IPv 6 on windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and click ok to open the network connections window.
- Here right-click on Active network adapter (Ethernet/WiFi), Select properties.
- Then Locate Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP /IPv6).
- Click to un-tick the box before this option. Then click OK to save the change.
Restart Network List Service
Again few users confirmed that restarting the Network List Service fixed the problem for them. More specifically, all you need to do is turn this service off and then turn it back on or simply restart it. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open windows services.
- Locate Network List Service > right-click on it > select Restart.
- You can also select Stop and then Restart.
Run windows update troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooter that can quickly check and fix general technical issues affecting various Windows components, including the Update service. So, if error 0x80070422 still persists after trying all the solutions listed above, try running Microsoft’s Update Troubleshooter.
- Press Windows + I to open windows settings
- Click on Update & Security then Troubleshoot
- Next click on Windows Update the run the troubleshooter.
Reset corrupted update components
If all the above solutions fail to fix windows update 0x80070422, Then there may corrupt the update component (update Database) causing the issue. Windows software distribution folder where windows download updates before applying them. If due to any bug updates get corrupted you may also face this error.
- Simply open windows services and stop windows update and BITS service.
- Then open C:\Windows, look for the software distribution folder and rename it to software distribution.old.
- Restart the services which you previously stopped and check for updates.
- I hope this helps to fix the windows 10 update error 0x80070422.
Install Windows Update manually
This is another way to install windows updates without any error or Stuck downloading. And no need to run the Windows update troubleshooter or Clear update cache. You can resolve the problem manually by installing the latest Windows 10 updates.
- Visit the Windows 10 update history webpage where you can notice the logs of all the previous Windows updates that have been released.
- For the most recently released update, note down the KB number.
- Now use the Windows Update Catalog Website to search for the update specified by the KB number you noted down. Download the update depending on if your machine is 32-bit = x86 or 64-bit=x64.
- (As of Today – KB5007186 (Build 19044.1348) is the latest patch for Windows 10 version 21H2 and later and KB5007189 is the latest patch for Windows 10 version 1909.
- Open the downloaded file in order to install the update.
That’s all after installing the updates simply restart the computer to apply the changes. Also If you are getting windows Update stuck while upgrade process simply use the official media creation tool to upgrade windows 10 version 21H2 without any error or problem.
Still, need any help or have any suggestions about this post (Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422) feel free to discuss in the comments below. Also, Read