As part of patch update Microsoft today pushed Windows 10 Build 16299.547 (10.0.16299.547) as the cumulative update KB4338825 to users running Windows 10 Fall Creators update Version 1709. Microsoft is not fixing too many issues with today’s update for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and it does not come with any new features. As Microsoft completely working and focus on Windows 10 version 1803.
Windows 10 Build 16299.547 Improvements and fixes
According to the changelog published on Microsoft’s website, the KB4338825 update addresses an issue that causes the wrong IME mode to be chosen on an IME-active element.
Windows 10 Update KB4338825 Addresses an issue with Google Chrome that caused the browser to stop working on Cobalt devices.
Microsoft has also fixed an issue with form submission in Internet Explorer and as well as an where DNS requests disregard proxy configurations in Microsoft Edge and IE browser. It appears that Microsoft is making some changes to the ecosystem to ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
KB4338825 Update (OS Build 16299.547) Changelog
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that, in some cases, causes the wrong IME mode to be chosen on an IME-active element.
- Addresses an issue with form submission in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue where DNS requests disregard proxy configurations in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue that causes the latest versions of Google Chrome (67.0.3396.79+) to stop working on Cobalt devices.
- Evaluates the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows apps, Windows graphics, Windows datacenter networking, Windows virtualization, Windows kernel, and Windows Server.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Manual download windows 10 KB4338825 update
Today also Microsoft released KB4338819 update (Windows 10 Build 17134.165) for users running Windows 10 version 1803. The patches for both versions of Windows 10 are shipped via Windows Update to compatible systems connected to Microsoft server. You can manually download the July 2018 patch from Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and the patch is available from the Microsoft Update Catalog as well.
Also, you can download Windows 10 KB4338825 Update standalone package from Microsoft update catalog website.
Download Windows 10 KB4338819 update standalone package from Microsoft update catalog website.
Also Read How To fix Windows 10 KB4338819 / KB4338825 Update failed to install.