How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Version 20H2, October 2020 Update Now!
Today Microsoft has started rolling out the Windows 10 October 2020 update with version 20H2 for all Windows PCs. Here how to get it the right way.
After over a long Insider testing process, finally, Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2 build 19042 live for everyone. The latest feature update for windows 10 is a huge release focused on performance improvements, feature updates, and the stability of the operating system. And Unlike November 2019 Update, Latest Windows 10 2020 update includes a number of new features and improvements for everyone include consumers, gamers and organizations. The update is being rolled out in phases, but you can follow these few simple steps To install Windows 10 version 20H2 right now and use new features.
Windows 10 20H2 system requirements
Microsoft says that anyone can download and install the update if they have a compatible computer. Just like the previous versions, Windows 10 October 2020 Update can also be run by almost all the configuration, If you don’t know whether you have got compatible hardware or not here the minimum system requirement for windows 10 October 2020 update.
|RAM||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space||32GB or larger hard disk|
|CPU||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC):
– Intel: Up through the following 10th Generation Intel Processors (Intel Core i3/i5/i7/i9-10xxx), and Intel Xeon W-12xx/W-108xx, Intel Xeon SP 32xx, 42xx, 52xx, 62xx, and 82xx, Intel Atom (J4xxx/J5xxx and N4xxx/N5xxx), Celeron and Pentium Processors
– AMD: Up through the following AMD 7th Generation Processors (A-Series Ax-9xxx & E-Series Ex-9xxx & FX-9xxx); AMD Athlon 2xx processors, AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 4xxx, AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC 7xxx
– Qualcomm: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 and 8cx
|Screen resolution||800 x 600|
|Graphics||Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
How to get Windows 10 October 2020 Update
The official way to grab the Windows 10 October 2020 Update is to wait for it to automatically appear in Windows Update. But Always you can force your PC to download the Windows 10 Version 20H2 via windows update.
Well before that make sure the latest patch updates installed, that prepare your device for Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
- Head over to Windows Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security,
- Following by windows update and check for updates.
- Check if you see something like “Feature update to Windows 10 version 20H2”, as an optional update.
- If yes then click the “Download and Install now” link
- This will take a few minutes to download the update files from the Microsoft server. The installation size varies from PC to PC, and the download time will depend a lot on your internet speeds.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
- After completing the process this will advance your Windows 10 build number to 19042
If you get the message “Your device is up to date“, then your machine is not scheduled to receive the update straight away. Microsoft is using machine-learning system to determine when PCs are ready to receive the update, as part of the update’s phased rollout, so it may take some time before it arrives on your machine. That cause you can use the official Windows 10 Update Assistant or Media creation tool to install October 2020 update now.
Windows 10 update assistant
If you don’t see Feature update windows 10 version 20H2, available while checking via windows update. That cause using Windows 10 Update Assistant is the best way to get the windows 10 20H2 update now. Otherwise, you will have to wait for Windows Update to Automatically serve the October 2020 Update to you.
- Visit the Microsoft Software download page
- Click the blue Update Now button.
- This will download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Right-click on downloaded update assistant.exe and run as administrator.
- Accept it to make changes to your device and click on the Update Now button on the bottom right.
- The assistant will perform basic checks on your hardware
- If everything ok click next, to start the download process.
- It depends on your internet speed, to complete the download process After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- After the update finishes downloading, follow the instructions to restart your PC and complete the installation process.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown.
- You can click the “Restart now” button in the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link in the bottom left to delay it.
- Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- And after the final restart, your PC upgrade to Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2 build 19042.
Media Creation Tool
Also, you can use official Windows 10 media creation to manually upgrade to the windows 10 2020 update, it’s simple and easy.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft download site.
- After download Right click on MediaCreationTool.exe and select run as administrator.
- Accept the terms and conditions in the Windows 10 Setup window.
- Choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option and hit ‘Next’.
- The tool will now download Windows 10, check for updates and prepare for the upgrade, which may take some time, It depends on your internet speed.
- Once this setup is complete you should see a ‘Ready to install’ message in the window. The ‘Keep personal files and apps’ option should be selected automatically, but if it isn’t, you can click ‘Change what you want to keep’ to make your choice.
- Hit the ‘Install’ button and the process should begin. Make sure you have saved and closed any work you have open before hitting this button.
- The update should complete after some time. When it’s finished, the windows 10 version 20H2 will be installed on your computer.
Download Windows 10 20H2 ISO
If you are an experienced user and want to do a clean install, you can use the link below to download a full ISO image of Windows 10 version 20H2 then create physical media (USB drive or DVD) for doing a clean install.
Windows 10 version 20H2 Features
As usual Windows 10 feature upgrade brings new features and improvements to refresh the OS, The October 2020 update also introduces a number of new features and improvements for everyone include consumers, gamers and organization
Some notable features being introduced with the new update a new Fluent Design update called “theme-aware” for the windows 10 start menu. With latest Windows 10 version 2009 the start menu will show single-coloured, theme-aware tiles that adjust their color scheme according to the user’s chosen theme.
“We are freshening up the Start menu with a more streamlined design that removes the solid color backplates behind the logos in the apps list and applies a uniform, partially transparent background to the tiles,” Microsoft said.
Windows 10 20H2 brings a new more touch-friendly taskbar and it’s automated to pin programs and applications most used by its users. For example, if a user frequently connects their phone to their computer, it will pin the Phone app to the Taskbar.
The latest windows 10 2020 update also brings the ability to adjust the refresh rate for a display that allows users to choose their preferred setting under Advanced Display Settings.
Microsoft developed chromium edge to replace the replaced the legacy Edge and the 20H2 update will now ship with Chromium Edge as the default browser.
Windows users use ALT+Tab keyboard shortcut to quickly switch between apps and Windows version 20H2 Microsoft has added the ability to switch between Edge browser tabs using the same shortcut
You can read our dedicated post