Windows 10 Version 21H1 small OS refreshment update available now
Microsoft starts to roll out Windows 10 May 2021 update that focused on security enhancements that will improve the operating system's overall experience. Here how to get it now
Today 18 may 2021 Microsoft has started roll out the latest feature update version 21H1 to its Windows 10 operating system. The latest Windows 10 version 21H1 also known as the May 2021 update delivered by way of a small enablement package and the build number will bump by one digit from Build 19042 to Build 19043. Microsoft says that the Windows 10 May 2021 update improves security, remote access, quality, and is engineered to provide a fast update experience.
Windows 10 version 21H1 first rollout to the compatible devices and later it will be made available for more users. If you want to install this new Windows 10 21H1 update or May 2021 update on your computer, here are three different methods that you can use.
Windows 10 21H1 system requirements
Microsoft says that anyone can Download Windows 10 21H1 update if they have a compatible computer. Just like the previous versions, Windows 10 May 2021 Update can also be run by almost all the configurations, If you don’t know whether you have got compatible hardware or not here the minimum system requirement for the windows 10 version 21H1.
|RAM||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space||32GB or larger hard disk|
|CPU||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC):
– Intel: Up through the following 10th Generation Intel Processors (Intel Core i3/i5/i7/i9-10xxx), and Intel Xeon W-12xx/W-108xx, Intel Xeon SP 32xx, 42xx, 52xx, 62xx, and 82xx, Intel Atom (J4xxx/J5xxx and N4xxx/N5xxx), Celeron and Pentium Processors
– AMD: Up through the following AMD 7th Generation Processors (A-Series Ax-9xxx & E-Series Ex-9xxx & FX-9xxx); AMD Athlon 2xx processors, AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 4xxx, AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC 7xxx
– Qualcomm: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 and 8cx
|Screen resolution||800 x 600|
|Graphics||Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
How to download Windows 10 21H1 update?
The official way to grab the Windows 10 May Update is to wait for it to automatically appear in Windows Update. But Always you can force your PC to download the Windows 10 Version 21H1 via windows update.
Well before that make sure the latest patch updates installed, which prepare your device for Windows 10 May 2021 Update.
Force Windows update to install 21H1 update
- Head over to Windows Settings using Windows key + I
- Go to Update & Security, Following by windows update and hit check for updates.
- Check if you see something like “Feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1”, as an optional update.
- If yes then click the “Download and Install now” link
- This will take a few minutes to download the update files from the Microsoft server. The installation size varies from PC to PC, and the download time will depend a lot on your internet speeds.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
- After completing the process this will advance your Windows 10 build number to 19041
If you get the message “Your device is up to date“, then your machine is not scheduled to receive the update straight away. Microsoft is using the machine-learning system to determine when devices are ready to receive the latest feature update. As part of the update’s phased rollout, so it may take some time before it arrives on your machine. That cause you can use the official Windows 10 Update Assistant or Media creation tool to install May 2021 update early now.
Windows update assistant
If you don’t see Feature update windows 10 version 21H1, available while checking via windows update. That cause using Windows 10 Update Assistant is the best way to get the windows 10 may 2021 update now. Otherwise, you will have to wait for Windows Update to Automatically serve the Update to you.
- Visit the Microsoft Software download page
- Click the blue Update Now button.
- This will download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Right-click on downloaded update assistant.exe and run as administrator.
- Accept it to make changes to your device and click on the Update Now button on the bottom right.
- The assistant will perform basic checks on your hardware
- If everything ok click next, to start the download process.
- It depends on your internet speed, to complete the download process After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- After the update finishes downloading, follow the instructions to restart your PC and complete the installation process.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown.
- You can click the “Restart now” button in the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link in the bottom left to delay it.
- Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- And after the final restart, your PC upgrade to Windows 10 May 2021 Update version 21H1 build 19043.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Also, you can use the official Windows 10 media creation to manually upgrade to the windows 10 21H1 update, it’s simple and easy.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft download site.
- After download Right-click on MediaCreationTool.exe and select run as administrator.
- Accept the terms and conditions in the Windows 10 Setup window.
- Choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now option and hit ‘Next’.
- The tool will now download Windows 10, check for updates and prepare for the upgrade, which may take some time, It depends on your internet speed.
- Once this setup is complete you should see a ‘Ready to install’ message in the window. The ‘Keep personal files and apps’ option should be selected automatically, but if it isn’t, you can click ‘Change what you want to keep’ to make your choice.
- Hit the ‘Install button and the process should begin. Make sure you have saved and closed any work you have open before hitting this button.
- The update should complete after some time. When it’s finished, windows 10 version 21H1 will be installed on your computer.
Download Windows 10 21H1 ISO Image
If you are looking to download the latest Windows 10 ISO image files, Here the direct download link to get it from the Microsoft server.
Windows 10 version 21H1 Features
Windows 10 version 21H1 feature update is a very small release and does not bring too many new features. It mainly focuses on performance and security enhancements that will improve the operating system’s overall experience, Some of the noted changes are the following.
- The latest Windows 10 21H1 update bring Multi-camera support for Windows Hello
- Windows Defender Application Guard performance improvements, including optimizing document opening scenario times. Microsoft says these performance enhancements will include the faster opening of documents.
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) updating performance improvement to support remote work scenarios.
- The latest Chromium based Edge now ships as the default web browser on Windows 10 may 2021 update.
With this release Following features now removed
The legacy version of Microsoft Edge is no longer supported and is not included in Windows 10 version 21H1
With this release, Microsoft has removed support for Windows 2000-era remote display drivers.
Windows Management Instrumentation Command Line (WMIC) tool is superseded by Windows PowerShell for WMI.
You can read our dedicated post
- Solved: Feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1 failed to install
- Solved: Windows 10 Stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
- How to Fix Sound or Audio problems in Windows 10
- How to reset your PC keeping personal files on Windows 10
- Remote desktop connection not working windows 10 21H1 Update (Solved)