Today 16 November 2021 Microsoft has started roll out the latest feature update version 21H2 to its Windows 10 operating system. The latest Windows 10 version 21H2 also known as the November 2021 update delivered by way of a small enablement package and the build number will bump by one digit from Build 19043 to Build 19044. Microsoft says that the Windows 10 November 2021 update improves security, remote access, quality, and is engineered to provide a fast update experience.
Windows 10 version 21H2 first rollout to the compatible devices and later it will be made available for more users. If you want to install this new Windows 10 21H2 update or November 2021 update on your computer, here are three different methods that you can use.
Windows 10 21H2 system requirements
Microsoft says that anyone can Download Windows 10 21H2 update if they have a compatible computer. Just like the previous versions, Windows 10 November 2021 Update can also be run by almost all the configurations, If you don’t know whether you have got compatible hardware or not here is the minimum system requirement for the windows 10 version 21H2.
|RAM||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space||32GB or larger hard disk|
|CPU||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC):
- Advertisement -
– Intel: Up through the following 10th Generation Intel Processors (Intel Core i3/i5/i7/i9-10xxx), and Intel Xeon W-12xx/W-108xx, Intel Xeon SP 32xx, 42xx, 52xx, 62xx, and 82xx, Intel Atom (J4xxx/J5xxx and N4xxx/N5xxx), Celeron and Pentium Processors
– AMD: Up through the following AMD 7th Generation Processors (A-Series Ax-9xxx & E-Series Ex-9xxx & FX-9xxx); AMD Athlon 2xx processors, AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 4xxx, AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC 7xxx
– Qualcomm: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 and 8cx
|Screen resolution||800 x 600|
|Graphics||Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
How to download Windows 10 21H2 update?
The official way to grab the Windows 10 21H2 Update is to wait for it to automatically appear in Windows Update. But Always you can force your PC to download the Windows 10 Version 21H2 via windows update.
Well before that make sure the latest patch updates installed, which prepare your device for Windows 10 November 2021 Update.
Force Windows update to install 21H2 update
- Head over to Windows Settings using Windows key + I
- Go to Update & Security, Followed by windows update and hit check for updates.
- Check if you see something like “Feature update to Windows 10 version 21H2”, as an optional update.
- If yes then click the “Download and Install now” link
- This will take a few minutes to download the update files from the Microsoft server. The installation size varies from PC to PC, and the download time will depend a lot on your internet speeds.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
- After completing the process this will advance your Windows 10 build number to 19044
If you get the message “Your device is up to date“, then your machine is not scheduled to receive the update straight away. Microsoft is using the machine-learning system to determine when devices are ready to receive the latest feature update. As part of the update’s phased rollout, so it may take some time before it arrives on your machine. That cause you can use the official Windows 10 Update Assistant or Media creation tool to install November 2021 update early now.
Windows update assistant
If you don’t see Feature update windows 10 version 21H2, available while checking via windows update. That cause using Windows 10 Update Assistant is the best way to get the windows 10 November 2021 update now. Otherwise, you will have to wait for Windows Update to Automatically serve the Update to you.
- Visit the Microsoft Software download page
- Click the blue Update Now button.
- This will download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Right-click on downloaded update assistant.exe and run as administrator.
- Accept it to make changes to your device and click on the Update Now button on the bottom right.
- The assistant will perform basic checks on your hardware
- If everything ok click next, to start the download process.
- It depends on your internet speed, to complete the download process After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- After the update finishes downloading, follow the instructions to restart your PC and complete the installation process.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown.
- You can click the “Restart now” button in the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link in the bottom left to delay it.
- Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- And after the final restart, your PC upgrade to Windows 10 November 2021 Update version 21H2 build 19044.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Also, you can use the official Windows 10 media creation to manually upgrade to the windows 10 21H2 update, it’s simple and easy.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft download site.
- After download Right-click on MediaCreationTool.exe and select run as administrator.
- Accept the terms and conditions in the Windows 10 Setup window.
- Choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now option and hit ‘Next’.
- The tool will now download Windows 10, check for updates and prepare for the upgrade, which may take some time, It depends on your internet speed.
- Once this setup is complete you should see a ‘Ready to install’ message in the window. The ‘Keep personal files and apps’ option should be selected automatically, but if it isn’t, you can click ‘Change what you want to keep’ to make your choice.
- Hit the ‘Install button and the process should begin. Make sure you have saved and closed any work you have open before hitting this button.
- The update should complete after some time. When it’s finished, windows 10 version 21H2 will be installed on your computer.
Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO Image
If you are looking to download the latest Windows 10 ISO image files, Here is the direct download link to get it from the Microsoft server.
Windows 10 version 21H2 Features
Windows 10 version 21H2 feature update is a very small release and does not bring too many new features. It mainly focuses on performance and security enhancements that will improve the operating system’s overall experience, Some of the noted changes are the following.
- The latest Windows 10 21H2 update brings enhancements in virtual desktop, touch keyboard, Windows File Explorer, Start menu, and in-box apps in this rollout.
- Microsoft will include a new icon on the taskbar that lets you check news headlines including the weather forecast and other information.
- Windows Hello for Business support for simplified, passwordless deployment models for achieving a deploy-to-run state within a few minutes
- The latest Chromium based Edge now ships as the default web browser on Windows 10 November 2021 update.
- GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows (EFLOW) deployments for machine learning and other compute-intensive workflows
You can read our dedicated post