Microsoft has released Windows 11 2022 Update (version 22H2) for older windows 11 and compatible windows 10 devices running version 2004 and later. Windows 11 version 22H2 is available for download as an “optional feature update” and can be installed via windows update or windows 11 update assistant. Also, windows 11 22H2 update ISO files are available for download to install the OS from scratch. With today’s feature update, Windows 11 version 22H2 brings a number of new features and innovations, Is getting more secure and Stable OS that could convince more users to switch for free.
Windows 11’s 2022 Update Could Boost Your Focus and Productivity
Windows 11 2022 update Download
- Free: Windows 11 version 22H2 is a free update
- Version and build: windows 11 version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.521)
- Also for Windows 10: It brings Windows 11 up to date, but can also be used by Windows 10 version 2004 and later users to switch to Windows 11. But make sure your device meets windows 11 minimum system requirements.
- Windows Update: Users of Windows 10 and Windows 11 can update to Windows 11 2022 via Windows Update. To do this, you must explicitly search for windows updates. In the early days, however, Microsoft will not serve all users via Windows Update.
- Get immediately: If you want to install Windows 11 2022 update immediately, you have three different options. Windows 11 Installation Wizard, Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 or Windows 11 2022 update ISO file.
Here are different ways to download and install the windows 11 2022 update right now on your computer.
The official way to download the Windows 11 2022 update (version 22H2) is check for windows update and wait for the notification “Windows 11 version 22H2 is available”
- Press Windows key + X and select settings,
- Choose Windows Update from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and hit check for updates button,
- If windows updates are pending there allow them to install on your device and you need to reboot your PC to apply them.
- After your computer reboots, again go to windows update on settings and check if Windows 11 version 22H2 is available
- If you found any notification click on the download & install button next to it.
Make sure to keep your PC on and plugged in during the installation.
- This will download the windows 11 2022 update files from the Microsoft server and install them automatically on your device.
- The download and install time may take more than 20 to 30 min to depend on your internet speed.
- Once done it will prompt restart your device to apply the changes and you will present the brand new windows 11 22H2 desktop.
For Windows 10 devices
If you have a windows 10 computer running version 2004 and later, and meet windows 11 minimum system requirements then you can download or upgrade to the windows 11 2022 update following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + X and select settings,
- Go to windows update & security than windows update and hit the check for updates button,
- If you see a notification “windows 11 version 22H2 is ready – and its free!” then click on download and install now.
- Read the license agreement and click on Accept and install to download the windows 11 22H2 update on your device.
- Again its a big update download around 5 GB of files form the Microsoft server and install them on your device and that takes more than 30 min to complete.
Windows 11 installation assistant
Well if the windows 11 2022 update won’t show on your device you can force upgrade using Windows 11 installation assistant. Also, you can use this tool to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 as well. if you have a windows 10 device that meet windows 11 minimum system requirement and passes the PC health check tool but there is no windows 11 22H2 upgrade notification then follow the steps below to download the windows 11 2022 update now.
This is the best option for installing Windows 11 on the device you’re currently using
- First, visit the windows 11 official download page here, and click on download now next to windows 11 installation assistant.
- Now right-click on the installer select run as administrator, and click yes if UAC prompts for permission.
- Wait for the Installation assistant to check your system for Windows 11 compatibility
- When the license screen prompts, you must Click on Accept and Install to proceed.
This will start downloading windows 11 update files from the Microsoft server, automatically verify the download and install them on your device.
- Once the installation is ready the computer will need to restart to apply the new version and changes.
- Click restart when you are ready or it will automatically restart after 30 min. (You have the option to Restart later as well.)
The upgrade process may take 15 – 30 min to apply the new version, once ready you will present the lock screen. Login using your user conditionals and the brand new windows 11 version 22H2 is ready for you.
Also you can use the windows 11 media creation tool to make it bootable USB Or use windows 11 2022 update ISO to install it from scratch.
What’s new on the windows 11 22H2 update?
The latest windows 11 version 22H2 update adds a faster more accurate search to the Start menu, app folders in the Start Menu, drag and drop support on the Taskbar, Clipchamp video editor, redesigned taskmanager and more. Also the company promised In October, Windows 11 will get a long-requested feature — tabs in File Explorer and an Updated photos app with a gallery view, improvements to photo browsing, and OneDrive integration to back up your photos to the cloud.
The latest Windows 11 version 22H2 finally brings App Folders to the Start Menu. Yes, it’s now possible again to combine programs and apps using folders and rename it just like you could do in Windows 10.
Also, there is a new option on to add more pinned apps to the Start menu and reduce recommended items. Open the Settings app and go to Personalization -> Start Here select between, more pints, Default, and more recommendations.
The update also brings the search highlight feature to the start menu, which displays recent apps and important events from around the world and your personal calendar, trending searches, and more.
Drag and Drop Support on taskbar
Now, you can drag and drop files on pinned apps in the Taskbar. This will be helpful to users who want to edit media files or share code snippets with a code editor.
Redesigned Task Manager
The Task Manager on Windows 11 now follows the new Fluent design language and is built on WinUI3 and XAML Islands. In addition, there is an Efficiency mode (earlier called Eco mode) in Task Manager that will allow you to force offensive apps to consume less power and offer better battery life.
Snap Layouts Improvements
With this new update, Snap Layouts, which neatly arrange open Windows on your desktop, are more versatile with improved touch navigation and the ability to snap multiple browser tabs in Microsoft Edge.
Snap layouts can now be activated simply by dragging windows to the top of the screen.
You can now drag the title bar of a window to the top-center of the screen, and all the Snap layouts will appear right there.
Quick Bluetooth Settings
Similar to Wi-Fi, you can now choose your Bluetooth device from the Quick Settings itself. No need to open the Settings page to connect to a paired device.
Auto HDR support for Gaming
According to Microsoft, the update will also boost gaming performance optimizations that improve latency and unlock Auto HDR and Variable Refresh.
More Android apps via Amazon store
This update expands the Amazon App Store preview and raises its total count of Android apps and games to 20,000.
There are now fancier flyout menus when pressing volume or screen brightness buttons. With Clipchamp, Windows 11 2022 comes with a new tool for video editing and more.
- 7 Ways to Overcome windows update Install Error on Windows 11
- Windows 11 Start menu not working or responding issue (7 solutions)
- Google Chrome Won’t download files on windows 11 (Solved)
- How to optimize Windows 11 for improve Gaming performance
- [9 solutions] Fix Windows 11 Screen Freezes But Mouse Works problem