Microsoft Drop regular Windows updates with New Features, security improvements, and bug fixes To fix the security hole created by third-party applications. Windows 11 is set to download and install windows updates automatically. So Whenever new updates are available windows update download itself. But sometimes Due to Corrupt system files or some other reason windows 11 is stuck downloading windows updates for a long time. If you find that your Windows 11 Update KB5019980 is stuck downloading updates at 0% or any other figure in Windows 11, here we have some applicable solutions to fix this.
Windows update stuck Downloading
- First, make sure you have a stable Internet connection To Download the Update files from Microsoft Server.
- Check if Any Security Software not causing the issue, Or Completely uninstall the antivirus program or any other security program from your system.
- Perform a clean boot and check for updates, which may fix the problem if any third-party service conflict causes the windows to update stuck.
Check time and regional settings
Also, incorrect regional settings cause Windows update Failure. Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct.
- You Can Check And Correct them From the Settings
- Click Time & Language
- Then Select Region & Language from the options on the left.
- Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
Check Windows update service running
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- This will open the windows services console,
- Scroll down and check Windows update service is running.
- Also Right-click on the Windows Update service and select restart.
Run Windows update Troubleshooting Tool
Whenever you face Windows update installation problems. Run the Build in Windows update troubleshooter, this will detect and fix the problems that prevent windows update to install.
- Press Windows + X and select settings,
- Go to the system then troubleshoot and click on other troubleshooters
- Here on the right-hand side select Windows update and click run
- This will detect and fix problems that prevent to install updates
- Check Windows update and its related services running,
- Also, reset the Windows Update component to default which probably helps fix windows update problems.
- Once done reboot your PC and try to install windows updates again.
Manually reset windows update component
If you’re still having trouble after running the troubleshooter, performing the same actions manually may help where the troubleshooter didn’t. Deleting windows update cache files is another solution that may just work for you.
Open Command prompt as Administrator then type the below commands one by one and hit enter to execute.
- net stop wuauserv To Stop The Windows Update Service
- net stop bits To Stop Background intelligent transfer service.
- Now press the windows key + E to open file explorer then navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Here Delete all the files and folders inside the folder. To do so, Press Ctrl + A to select all and hit del key.
- It may ask you for administrator permission. Give it, Don’t worry. There’s nothing vital here. Windows Update will recreate what it needs the next time you run it.
* Note: If you cannot delete the folder (folder in use), then restart your computer in “Safe Mode” and repeat the procedure.
Now move to the command prompt and restart the stopped services to this type below commands one by one and press the enter key.
- net start wuauserv To Start The Windows Update Service
- net start bits To Start Background intelligent transfer service.
- When the service has restarted, you can close Command Prompt and restart Windows.
- Give Windows Update another try and see if your problem has been fixed.
- You will be able to download and install the updates successfully.
Repair Corrupted Windows system files
SFC command is an easy solution to fix some windows related problems. If any missing or damaged system files create a problem System File Checker if very helpful to fix.
- At start search type CMD and Run as administrator when the command prompt appears.
- Here type the command SFC /SCANNOW and hit the enter key to execute the command.
- This will scan your system for all its important system files, and replace them where necessary.
- Wait until Windows scans and repairs system files.
- When the System file check and repair is completed, restart your computer
- Now check for windows updates from Settings – > update and security -> check for updates.
- hope this time updates install without any problem.
Install Updates Manually
If the issue still persists, you can try to manually install the updates that you provide to us in Microsoft Update Catalog. Here search for the update specified by the KB number you noted down. Download the update depending on if your machine is 32-bit = x86 or 64-bit=x64.
For example, KB5019980 is the latest one for devices running Windows 11 version 22H2.
Open the downloaded file in order to install the update.
That’s all after installing the updates simply restart the computer to apply the changes. Also If you are getting windows Update stuck while the upgrade process simply uses an official assistant tool to upgrade to Windows 11 version 22H2 without any error or problem.
These are the best working solutions to fix windows updates stuck downloading, windows updates stuck at any point for a long time on Windows 11 computer. I hope after applying these solutions windows update installation problems will get solved. Still, have any queries, or suggestions about windows update installation Feel free to discuss comments. Also, read: