Sleep mode is an excellent feature that helps to continue to use the window from where you left it. You simply need to press any key on the keyboard or move up the mouse to wake up your PC from sleep mode. But what if Windows can’t wake up from sleep mode even after trying many things? A number of users report having issues with Systems won’t wake up from sleep mode. And most commonly this problem is because of an outdated or incompatible display driver. Again incorrect power plan setup also causes Windows computer can’t wake up from sleep mode. If you are also struggling with a similar problem here apply the solutions below.
Laptop won’t wake up from sleep windows 10
Well as your PC is stuck on sleep mode first long-press the power button to forcefully shut down Windows. Again turn on your PC and apply the solutions below to prevent sleep mode problems.
Run Power Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a built-in power troubleshooter that automatically detects and corrects if any incorrect power plan settings causing the sleep mode issue. Run the troubleshooter first and let Windows to fix the problem itself.
- At first, Press Win + I to open settings.
- Now, Click on the Update & Security and then go to Troubleshoot.
- Then, Find and click on power.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If the problem is not complex, it should fix it.
Tweak Power Management for Keyboard and Mouse
You press on the keyboard or mouse to make your PC wake up from sleep mode. But, Sometimes, Your keyboard and mouse may prevent Windows from doing it. It is because of a simple modification in power management.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- This will open the device manager, display all installed driver list,
- Expand the keyboard and double-click on the keyboard driver.
- Now move to the Power Management tab
- Here check “Allow this device to wake the computer.” and click on OK.
- Now Expand the Mice and other pointing devices and double-click on the mouse driver.
- Again, Tweak the power management so that it can wake the Windows 10 PC.
- Now, Restart your computer.
Now check if this helps to fix the Windows 10 sleep mode problem.
Disable Fast Startup
It is another well-known method to troubleshoot windows that can’t wake up from sleep problems. A number of users mention disable fast startup helps them to fix the sleep mode problem.
- Open the Control panel,
- Search for and select power options,
- Click on “Choose what the power buttons do.”
- Then, Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- Here, Uncheck “Turn on fast startup.”
- Save the settings and restart your computer.
Update All of the Drivers
Again as discussed before any corrupted drivers installed on your computer can be a reason behind this type of problem. Especially the display driver, if it’s incompatible with the current Windows version or outdated that probably causes black screen stuck at startup or won’t wake up from sleep mode.
- Press Windows + X select device manager,
- This will display all installed device driver list, locate and Expand display adapters,
- Right-click on the installed graphics driver and select Update driver
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow on-screen instructions.
If it doesn’t help, uninstall this driver by following the steps given below.
- In the device manager, expand system devices.
- Now, Right-click on the Intel Management Engine Interface and choose the “Uninstall device.”
- Follow onscreen instructions.
It will uninstall the driver. But, Windows may automatically re-install it after the system restart.
Otherwise, you can visit the device manufacturer’s website to download the latest display driver and install it on your PC.
If you can do these things, it may fix Windows 10 can’t wake up from the sleep mode issue.
Modify Sleep Settings
Also, a simple change in your sleep settings may help with this problem.
- Press Windows + R, type powercfg.cpl and hit enter.
- Now, Click on Change plan settings next to the plan you are using.
- Click on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Find and expand sleep and then expand Allow wake timers.
- Enable it for both batteries and plugged in.
- It should fix your problem.
Did these solutions help to fix the laptop won’t wake up from the sleep mode issue? Let us know in the comments below, also read:
- How To Enable or Disable the Windows 10 Hibernate Option
- 3 Different ways to Create Windows 10 Installation media
- How to fix RPC server is unavailable (0x800706ba) on Windows 10
- Solved: Bluetooth device not connecting in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to Save Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Images in Windows 10